Shout out to the cool 207 GTI

Bowie

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
..that was heading north on Yarra Boulevard this morning. Running down the hill it was making all good kinda or, BANG POP BANG GRUMBLE POP BANG GRUMBLE as it costed down the hill.

I could have nearly believed there was an anti-lag installed but surely not...

I was the mammal (middle aged man mostly adorned with lycra) on a push bike reminding myself it will be good when I loose weight, my misses won't kick me out of the bed for snoring..

Nice car! :D

Do they all sound like that with the little Turbo 1.6?

I passed a purple 2000s Ford/Commodore ute yesterday (it didnt have any badges on it) in the 110 kph zone on the M1. He was sitting in the far right lane on a steady 100 kph.
It was making more banging and popping noises than the beach landing scene in Saving Private Ryan.
It sounded f#king terrible.🙉

Yeah that doesn't sound cool, but a neat white GTI just slowing down off throttle, was cool as :p

Must just have a crackle map on it? I thought about it for my 308 but all the Hyundai i30 and i20n people do it and it's pretty annoying.

..that was heading north on Yarra Boulevard this morning. Running down the hill it was making all good kinda or, BANG POP BANG GRUMBLE POP BANG GRUMBLE as it costed down the hill.

I could have nearly believed there was an anti-lag installed but surely not...

I was the mammal (middle aged man mostly adorned with lycra) on a push bike reminding myself it will be good when I loose weight, my misses won't kick me out of the bed for snoring..

Nice car! :D

Do they all sound like that with the little Turbo 1.6?
yeah that would have been me, I take the Yarra Boulevard daily to work!
Car is for sale for 5k if you're interested ;) check out the for sale section
oh and it is me feathering the throttle that makes all those sounds, if you back off the throttle completely its well behaved and doesn't make any sounds

Ha ha!

Of course, well congrats on the cool car and good luck on the sale :)

My S16 crackles a little sometimes; I reckon it's just old and over fueling. Feathering the trailing throttle helps, as above.

My S16 crackles a little sometimes; I reckon it's just old and over fueling. Feathering the trailing throttle helps, as above.
I had a gti6 that did that when it wasn't quite running right. From memory I discovered it was dodgy coils. Lots of unburned fuel being dumped down the exhaust.