Shoulder / Barrel / Pedestal Bolts.

Vincenzo

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Hi, does anyone know of a good source for these bolts that are used for hanging the hydraulic lines from? I believe the book calls them 'shoulder nuts' but in French.. I've heard them called various names recently. I am specifically looking for some BVH specific items - for the centrifugal regulator, and the supports for the left brake caliper to secondary idle going past the block - one of these bolts needs a 40mm nut. I'm at the point of just using a joiner nut and studs if I can find the correct pitched thread. Cheers!

Shoulder Bolts.jpg

Sassens in Europe do a regulator mounting set - presumably for the LHM, steel-bodied pressure regulators. One of the bolts looks vaguely like a bolt in your photo but not the same. Those bolts appear in several places: at the base of the distributor tower, holding the bell housing to the block, on the LHS side of the block, on top of the gearbox.
screw.jpeg

Sassens in Europe do a regulator mounting set..

Thanks Budge - I'm a bit hazy on the terminology of the precise locations but essentially you are correct. I've found a quick fix solution to keep me going (7mm threaded rod and nut connector) until I source the correct part. The regulator bolt is quite a bit longer than the photo I put up as an example due to its absence from my box of parts... this is doing my head in.