shocks

pugly

Fellow Frogger
i finally dropped my worm motor into my 205, and took it for a good flog up the gorge, it was fun :headbang: , but this is the first time driving the car as i bought it as a wreck, and the suspension is shagged.
can any one recommend a good shock for the 205 gti, don't say koni kyb :moon: i dont wan't to spend alot, just want the performance of the genuine shocks fitted without the price

pugly said:
i finally dropped my worm motor into my 205, and took it for a good flog up the gorge, it was fun :headbang: , but this is the first time driving the car as i bought it as a wreck, and the suspension is shagged.
can any one recommend a good shock for the 205 gti, don't say koni kyb :moon: i dont wan't to spend alot, just want the performance of the genuine shocks fitted without the price

I didn't think genuine was all that dear. Maybe $170 each? Don't forget to replace the rubber top mounts at the same time. Another $10 each.

Hey, I'm not an expert, mate.
Even if they are repainted, if it's still a quality product at a good price then who cares?...

hey man,

peugeot is the only company in the world that designs and manufacters there own suspension products!so no matter what they'll be good!i think to spend money on something that u are really gonna replace in the fiture is silly.ur spending money on something ur prob getting rid off!

i run konis and they are prob a bit to hard in the rear!i have been told bilseins are prob better in the rear.think long run and where you want your car to sit.lets hope you keep it on the road till then!

jordan

Originally posted by petermc505
Hey, I'm not an expert, mate.
Even if they are repainted, if it's still a quality product at a good price then who cares?...

And that's my point...

They are not a quality product. A cheap, made for the masses, full of compromises design made to a price.

Ray Bell said:
Good... that saves everyone the pain of finding out the hard way...

man its hard to find anything out on this site, everyone talks so much shit :mallet: , what shocks do u guys run on your cars and how did the handleing characteristics change so i can make an informed decision!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tongue:

pugly said:
man its hard to find anything out on this site, everyone talks so much shit :mallet: , what shocks do u guys run on your cars and how did the handleing characteristics change so i can make an informed decision!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tongue:

i think most of the 205 people prefer to run koni's

I thought Konis are at least adjustable - which means one can dial in some ride options.

I have found KYB too harsh, Boges are less so - but I'd go for Ray's Konis.

Cheers ...Nick

Originally posted by pugly
Man it's hard to find anything out on this site, everyone talks so much sh*t, what shocks do you guys run on your cars and how did the handling characteristics change so I can make an informed decision!

You don't want to spend 'a lot' and you said not to mention Konis, so you aren't getting the information you seek...

But on the basis of my several years in the suspension industry I recommended everyone stay away from Pedders because they are merely rebadged Armstrongs or Monroes... as are Selbys and probably K-Mac if K-Mac have now re-entered the business and Selbys haven't done a flit.

Sure, the Pedders units may be uprated, but they're still cheap damper units rebadged...

There is currently one pair of non-externally adjustable front Konis in stock... I can supply you with these at a good discount. Any Konis I can supply at a good discount... and if there are enough people buying them the supply chain will improve.

We had a nice string of them fitted to cars of members of this forum in the early part of the second half of last year... Darren and Cal to name just two... and these guys are delighted with the results. But I'll let them tell you more.

To be honest, I have always found the original Pug dampers to be first rate, except when they went for local content and fitted Armstrongs to the rear of 404s, of course. They are probably as good as Konis, possibly better in life expectancy, but that's hard to judge, but offer the advantage of a more 'sporty' damping and adjustability.

I have had close connections with the Koni importer for over thirty years and this is why I can give a good discount... if you like to dredge up the thread about Yellow Konis in the Performance & Upgrades forum you'll find the prices (which are still current) and see the happy responses from people who've bought them.

It might just be worth your while to save up for a month or two...