Shed lighting

The next solution, which will probably not very popular is nevertheless effective. My ex boss had a few possums that resided in his garage. All was well until his 6 year child disturbed them and was attacked, As a result he needed a few stitches to patch up his wounds.

Rod , being man of action decided enough was enough. The next evening , equipped with heavy duty pitch fork, he resolved the problem for once and all.
[/QU

James Conca, Forbes

These studies indicated possible mechanisms by which low doses of radiation mitigates inflammation and facilitates healing, one being the polarization of macrophages to an anti-inflammatory or M2 phenotype. The M1 type tends to overstimulate the immune system which can lead to a cytokine storm, while the M2 type tends to suppress the overreaction of the immune system.

We kind of knew this would work because we did the same thing 70 to 80 years ago. Dr. E. J. Calabrese at the University of Massachusetts School of Public Health & Health Sciences and Dr. Gaurav Dhawan at the University of Massachusetts reviewed how X-ray therapy was used during the first half of the 20th century to successfully treat pneumonia, especially viral pneumonia like that caused by this coronavirus.

Unfortunately, 70 years of irrational and unfounded fear of low doses of radiation, even those doses that occur naturally in the environment, have prevented testing of many of these treatments.

As reported in

(
OTE]
hah Rob I'm too much a softy, 20 years ago when possums were demolishing our few remaining fruit trees I was loaned a possum trap, and actually caught one. I'll never forget the trouble in dealing with the captured possum
The next solution, which will probably not very popular is nevertheless effective. My ex boss had a few possums that resided in his garage. All was well until his 6 year child disturbed them and was attacked, As a result he needed a few stitches to patch up his wounds.

Rod , being man of action decided enough was enough. The next evening , equipped with heavy duty pitch fork, he resolved the problem for once and all.
Sorry Rob, twenty years ago when you could legally trap possums, I was loaned a possum trap because possums were decimating our few remaining fruit trees (long gone now) but after you capture one then you have to get it out of the trap in one piece, being the softy I am. Well the experience was pretty awful and I would not try to do capture one or even think of harming it in these days Then there was the one that got into the wall and piddled and scratched, that was years earlier and rat shot was the only method.

No let the little B@@gers do there own thing (out there).

Ken

It is shocking to read of anyone killing an animal just because it is a problem in their house. Who would do such a thing?

My personal experience is that if you want to detain a possum, you just need to chuck a blanket over it, and they are quite docile.

It is shocking to read of anyone killing an animal just because it is a problem in their house. Who would do such a thing?

My personal experience is that if you want to detain a possum, you just need to chuck a blanket over it, and they are quite docile.

So you've never killed a rat?

That would be cruel. How could one kill a harmless example of God's Creation??

If you poke your tongue any harder into your cheek it will come out the other side!

Mind you, some people catch them on sticky pads, then put the whole thing, including the still living rodent, into the bin, and claim they didn't kill the innocent creature.

I tried one of those pads, but only managed to catch a grandchild. His parents weren't impressed, especially when the hair of his sister's doll got into the goop as well!

I am sure it is brilliant, and your technical expertise made it an obvious choice. It just isn't exactly "KISS and a few humble switches".
I get the impression from what you said earlier, that the wall switches and the modules are all on a data lan. So does it operate like CANBUS does in a car? If so, does that mean that any particular switch can be assigned to switch any module on that lan? Or is a switch on the wall hard wired to, say, particular lights etc?

Wall switches are wired a "inputs" , so yes they can be assigned to any output or function.

The switches aren't on a LAN, they have a 10 wire alarm cable back to the controller. (leaving a few a spare wires)

The load switching modules are located next to the sub Switchboard. All lights have their power circuits run back to the load switching module.

All lights are controlled via low voltage switches via the controller.

Last edited:
Sorry Rob, twenty years ago when you could legally trap possums, I was loaned a possum trap because possums were decimating our few remaining fruit trees (long gone now) but after you capture one then you have to get it out of the trap in one piece, being the softy I am. Well the experience was pretty awful and I would not try to do capture one or even think of harming it in these days Then there was the one that got into the wall and piddled and scratched, that was years earlier and rat shot was the only method.

No let the little B@@gers do there own thing (out there).

Ken

I can understand Rod's reasons in needing to keep his child safe. Fathers can often take steps to protect their children. Such is life. I wasn't put in the situation" so I'm not going to judge.

So maybe this is just forward thinking to something not actually implemented, but it would be good if a house was wired like car CAN BUS, where all the switches, and all the load switching modules, communicated digitally via the power wires. Then they could all be spliced in anywhere on the power circuit, and any switch could control any module. Including wireless remotes with a suitable interface. It would simplify the wiring for a new build, and make later adaptations much easier.

So maybe this is just forward thinking to something not actually implemented, but it would be good if a house was wired like car CAN BUS, where all the switches, and all the load switching modules, communicated digitally via the power wires. Then they could all be spliced in anywhere on the power circuit, and any switch could control any module. Including wireless remotes with a suitable interface. It would simplify the wiring for a new build, and make later adaptations much easier.

It's called "C BUS" -a propriety system marketed.and owned By Clipsal integrated systems

Doubtless you have seen Pink colored cat 5/6 in commercial buildings. The pink cable is considered a reserved color for C bus data cabling.

The data format is propriety and one needs to use breathtakingly expensive modules from Clipsal to install the system.

Cbus, initially at least, was intended as light control system for commercial installations. The idea being, that no wiring changes were needed when tenancies or work areas were reallocated. All that was needed is to remap the switches to the new areas.

Concept 4k is capable is interfacing to CBus via a comms task . It works very well.

Some further reading https://updates.clipsal.com/ClipsalOnline/Files/Brochures/C0000239.pdf

For me, I'll use the inner Range products.

These days Cbus has been developed in a building control system. Not unlike the inner Range product.
However IR products handle alarm and access control as well and have elegant and intuitive User management software available.And are generally more cost effective to install.

Ok thanks. It makes complete sense, and I wouldn't be surprised to see such systems used in domestic housing for the same reasons.

Ok thanks. It makes complete sense, and I wouldn't be surprised to see such systems used in domestic housing for the same reasons.
Yes I've seen a large domestic installation. That's were I needed to interface to the cbus system for control purposes.

Control and switch modules are prohibitively expensive IMO However that is expected with any heavily marketed propriety system. ;)

Edit: This will give some idea of component costs... https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?...TRC2.A0.H1.Xcbus.TRS0&_nkw=c-bus&_sacat=92074

Last edited:
Reckon I'll wait for the knock-off version on Banggood.com

Tell that to the people who thieved the plans for ASIO's HQ.

If you poke your tongue any harder into your cheek it will come out the other side!

Mind you, some people catch them on sticky pads, then put the whole thing, including the still living rodent, into the bin, and claim they didn't kill the innocent creature.

I tried one of those pads, but only managed to catch a grandchild. His parents weren't impressed, especially when the hair of his sister's doll got into the goop as well!

Did they object to your putting him/her in the bin?

Andrew