Shanons CMC

Bowie

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
*post event waves*

I had partial work commitments on the day that stopped me from socializing, but then I chickened out when I had the chance and saw you all on the Skid Circuit.

I should have know there there really aren't to many of you whom aren't here talking crap to from time to time.

Lovely to see those green 8's and that Red Alconi with an 810-05. That thing is cool. I'll gather my charisma and introduce myself proper next time, instead of just walking around your cars like a wierdo.

Cheers,
Dan

P.s. OH my I hope you managed to get to the other side and see the Izusu Bellet Gt's! They had early ones and late ones and cross flow 3 bearing engines and non cross flow 5 bearing engines. If you get a chance check out the linkage to the manifold. Roll bearings and ball joints! Noice.

One of the green ones is a 10S - with the rectangular headlights.

I did have a bit of a look at the Bellet GT's. I went to school with a fellow how had one and his family were in the NSW Bellet Club - I think they had 3-4 GT's in the family. My favourite was the Silvery blue Cadillac De La Salle - the V16 thing. Massive amount of chrome and purred like a kitten when it left - although he struggled with a bad turning circle and no power steering.

Joys of opulent motor vehicles no doubt.

My favourite would have had to been that tasty Dat-Stang, (Datsun 260c) I feel like it has always been in the background of my favourite Chinese action films growing up.

That Alconi prior mentioned comes in a a close 2nd.

Oh, I went up to the Lotus' to look at the Europa's and gloat about how good reno engines where, once chap had replaced it with a SR20. Anyone manage any pictures of that. He said he retained the reno gearbox.

Oh.. The Dat-stang I'm in love with.

PXK55984.jpg

BAM! :p

That Alconi prior mentioned comes in a close 2nd.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Bowie. What a huge variety of great vehicles. Driving home in the Alconi I almost passed a Ford GT40 but the Police were following us.

TRI8492.jpg TRIE34F.jpg

:cool:

That's nearly got to be the second best thing about driving home.