Service the Citroen

bomber

Tadpole
Time has come for the 40,000km service on my Xsara VTS and was planning to make a trip down to Melbourne to get the service done.
I haven't had the car serviced in Victoria before, so I had a look through past posts regarding someone to service the car.
However, there seems to be a horror story on every Citroen Dealer/Service Department in Melbourne!
Does anyone have a 'good' story or someone to recommend to me?
Would like the job done right without all this over-charging nonsense that seems to be commonplace. I understand the Citroens can [perhaps be justifyably more expensive to service, but I don't want to loose my money unnecessarily if I can help it.
My car is almost out of warranty now, so is it still worthwhile to go to an actual 'Citroen' dealer?

bomber said:
Time has come for the 40,000km service on my Xsara VTS and was planning to make a trip down to Melbourne to get the service done.
I haven't had the car serviced in Victoria before, so I had a look through past posts regarding someone to service the car.
However, there seems to be a horror story on every Citroen Dealer/Service Department in Melbourne!
Does anyone have a 'good' story or someone to recommend to me?
Would like the job done right without all this over-charging nonsense that seems to be commonplace. I understand the Citroens can [perhaps be justifyably more expensive to service, but I don't want to loose my money unnecessarily if I can help it.
My car is almost out of warranty now, so is it still worthwhile to go to an actual 'Citroen' dealer?

As it is nearly out of warranty, I would be making up a list of all things that need to be done...and booking it into a Citroen dealer. I had my C2 serviced by Citroen Melbourne last week, and they seemed to do a good job. Good customer service as well.

cheers

If you are around Doncaster go into Lance Dixons, They fixed my broken Valve Spring in my VTS under warranty, Made a mistake and bent over backwards to fix it with no expense to me at all.

Call Sam and tell him I sent you.

Cheers

Matt Garrett

Nil Time said:
As it is nearly out of warranty, I would be making up a list of all things that need to be done...and booking it into a Citroen dealer. I had my C2 serviced by Citroen Melbourne last week, and they seemed to do a good job. Good customer service as well.

cheers

sounds like the place to go to rather then the others?

jasC2 said:
sounds like the place to go to rather then the others?

Ha - from a dealer service perspective, it doesn't look we have too many alternatives, do we? :(

I went to Citroen Melbourne for three reasons, I guess;

1. They were closer to me than Doncaster.
2. I have heard good things about Bernie the Service Manager - and these good reports seem to have been borne out.
3. Their quote for the 20000 km service was about $100 cheaper than Doncaster.

So far, so good - C2 is running really well.

Cheers

Nil Time said:
Ha - from a dealer service perspective, it doesn't look we have too many alternatives, do we? :(

I went to Citroen Melbourne for three reasons, I guess;

1. They were closer to me than Doncaster.
2. I have heard good things about Bernie the Service Manager - and these good reports seem to have been borne out.
3. Their quote for the 20000 km service was about $100 cheaper than Doncaster.

So far, so good - C2 is running really well.

Cheers

sounds like the way to go...i wasn't particularly happy with the one at doncaster...

Nil Time said:

cheers

Great. Which dealer is 'Citroen Melbourne?' Does anyone have any contact details for this outlet?

CM service details

bomber said:
Great. Which dealer is 'Citroen Melbourne?' Does anyone have any contact details for this outlet?

Here you go...

Zagame Citroën
Service at:
188 Peel Street, North Melbourne Vic 3051

www.zag.com.au

Service Phone: (03) 9329 9909
Service Fax: (03) 9329 2111
Service Email: bernard@zag.com.au

Parking: On street

Hours of Operation:
Mondays 8.30 am to 5.00 pm
Tuesdays 8.30 am to 5.00 pm
Wednesdays 8.30 am to 5.00 pm
Thursdays 8.30 am to 5.00 pm
Fridays 8.30am to 5.00 pm
Saturdays Closed
Sundays Closed

Not every repairer. I've dealt with French Connection for years down in Melbourne. David Cavanagh has always been a pleasure to deal with. The best bit is Airport West is really easy to get to from Ballarat.

EDIT: Hang on I just noticed your after warranty work. Davids not a Citroen dealer so will not be able to perform warranty work.

seeya,
Shane L.