Selt belt alarm 508

fog

Tadpole
Tadpole
Hello could anyone tell me how to disconnect the rear belts alarm on my 508, dog sets them off

if anything like the 308 wagon, connector under carpet on LHS under the seat, disconnect the connector, problem solved. there's a write up on AF if you search via google and Aussiefrogs

I wonder what disconnecting the seat sensor will do to the airbag operation if it doesn't sense the presence of a passenger? A dummy buckle for the dogs might be better than disabling the seat sensor.

Dummy buckle was my first thought, much easier to remove for legitimate passengers than reconnecting the sensor. I can even 3D print such a thing.

Here's a thought: a seatbelt alarm silencer that doubles as a doglead anchor 😊

Pet-Dog-Seat-Belt-Vehicle-Car-Seat-Belt-Travel-Dog-Cat-Accessories-Clip-Lead-Restraint-Harness.jpg

Can't you just clip the seat belt in when the dog is on board?
But here I have an opportunity to provide a fellow crow eater with a neat 3D printed leash attachment for convenient single action securing and silencing without having to handle a seatbelt. 😆

Should have a belt on you

Should have a belt on your dog
Oh the dogs dead now! it flew through the windscreen and believe it or not it happened just after l posted my question ,sadly it just missed my wife while being jettisoned through the car..can't help bad luck....hmm though l can't see where l was asking about the dogs life expectancy??

Here's a thought: a seatbelt alarm silencer that doubles as a doglead anchor 😊
A nice idea, but should we be worried about some of the repairs to the back end of that that dog there Gonz? Was that from the last crash, with the hound in the front passenger seat when an airbag went off?

Oh the dogs dead now! it flew through the windscreen and believe it or not it happened just after l posted my question ,sadly it just missed my wife while being jettisoned through the car..can't help bad luck....hmm though l can't see where l was asking about the dogs life expectancy??

Sorry to hear about the wife.