Selling Peugeot Parts collection

Whirlyman

Tadpole
Hi All,
It has come to that point in my Fathers life that he is wanting to clean out a lot of his sheds prior to leaving a mess for the remainder. Unfortunately this means that sadly he wants to sell a lot of his Peugeot parts. Whilst I have a 403 ute, 404 sedan, 504 sedan I would like to get back up and running, a good condition 604 and a decent 505 to keep going, there is a substantial amount of spares still remaining that are far too many to list. We used to have a large amount of 203/403 parts in his collection, these have all gone now, apart from my 403 ute parts.
There is a large collection of 404 parts, just about anything, that was stripped of 3 or 4 various vehicles in the effort to build a vehicle for my sister, that some in Tasmania may have seen for its unfortunate choice in colour. She was dead set on having a mauve coloured car, so that is exactly what Dad made her. Luckily, paint can be redone at some point ha. There is everything from running gear, spare engines, dashes, steering wheels, seats and interior parts, door cards, windscreens and the list goes on.
There is also a number of 504 parts and panels, I believe there is 2 wrecked cars worth in there, and about 3 wrecked various versions of 505's parted out on the shelves. There is a large number of 604 spares, as we parted one out that had rolled for spares, all we needed was the engine at the time, and now I have another spare engine that has been worked over to put in it.

So basically, if there is anyone out there that would be interested in some of these spares, please let me know. I don't get up to his place often enough, and he has expressed an interested in getting rid of it all as quickly as he can. The last thing I want is for him to let the well meaning friends locally sell it for basically scrap, as I also have a substantial collection of parts, but simply have no room to store any more.

Located in Northern Tasmania, however I travel up as often as I can and can arrange to bring bits and pieces to the southern end. Otherwise I am sure anything can be arranged if someone is keen enough for something. I just want these parts to go to a happy home with a future prospect of being used to keep the dream alive.

It will be a sad day to see 50 years of collecting and working on cars, from which I learnt the passion, go out the door, but all good things do come to an end.

Thanks in advance for anyone that may be interested, or can point me in a direction of someone that might be interested, rather than it getting melted down or crushed.

Cheers,
Mark

I will have to have a dig around and get back to you. I would probably not hold my breath, as just about all of the parts are stripped out of cars, so used. However he did purchase a bunch of rubbers to do a few cars over the years, and there is shelves full of rubbers, so it will take a bit of sorting through to find out.

Any known good C3 gearboxes? Also, could use an indicator switch for a 404. Any twin (67,68,69) engine pipes in good condition?

Just a few pictures, with more to come as I get time. At this stage its still difficult to give a resounding yes to a question until I get back up to go through with more time. Apologies for the image quality, as my phone literally died as soon as I got there, and had to dig out an 18 year old digital camera from a drawer, and it didn't like the fading light, so this is just a broad selection. There are 3 x 3hp-22 auto GB's, and a selection of 5 or 6 various manual boxes from 404-504-505, as yet un identified to which is which until I work out how to tell.....

P1010041.jpgP1010106.jpgIMG_0079.jpgIMG_0093.jpgP1010045.jpgP1010046.jpgP1010048.jpgP1010049.jpgP1010053.jpgP1010055.jpgP1010056.jpgP1010058.jpgP1010057.jpgP1010059.jpgP1010103.jpgP1010104.jpgP1010110.jpgP1010107.jpgP1010116.jpgP1010093.jpgP1010079.jpg

Couldn't see a C3 box there. I would be interested in the 404 gasket set though. I now have an indicator switch. There aren't any exhaust bits?

Have you got a good condition (with no cracks in the inner white plastic part that senses the brake fluid level) 504 brake reservoir cap? Mine is cracked around the white plastic and doesn't sense the brake fluid level correctly (leaving me with a red light on my dash when I drive). A new one would be great, but I see you have one or two second hand ones on the shelf in one of your photos. I've circled it in the image below for quick identification.

brake-thingy.jpg

Exhaust pipes in photo 12, can we get a look at the twin pipes behind the fuel tank in that photo?

Couldn't see a C3 box there. I would be interested in the 404 gasket set though. I now have an indicator switch. There aren't any exhaust bits?

I am accumulating quite a list of bits and pieces to check next time I am up....
There are a few more gearboxes than those shown, and I have to work out where and what the part numbers mean. There is a gear box with the shift levers on the opposite side to the normal 504 shift, which I gather is a 404 column shift box, and has a different thrust bearing fork. P1010062.jpg

No 404 ute mats sorry. Although I know where there is a few 404 utes that are for sale....

The pipes, I will try to get Dad to send me a better photo of Graham. As for the gaskets, make an offer PM if you like, I am not sure what a kit is worth, on another note, there are a lot of other gaskets in that draw, but a lot of the kits have had bits and pieces taken out of them over the years, so hard to say how many of what etc. There is a full 604 gasket kit however I am keeping that.

Gearbox in the photo is from a 403, if it is all alloy it can be made to fit a 404, can't tell from the photo. The same gearbox with a different bellhousing will be from a 404.

Wow...that's a lot of precise Peugeot gear! Is that a V6 engine and gearbox in the second photo? Do know you what gearbox it is?

Wish I lived closer.

Wow...that's a lot of precise Peugeot gear! Is that a V6 engine and gearbox in the second photo? Do know you what gearbox it is?

Wish I lived closer.

Looks like a stock 604 carby motor and TH180 transmission.

Hi Guys,
Sorry for such a long absence, I have not been able to get back up to my fathers all summer due to a massive fire season and work commitments. I have a few people that were interested in a few small bits and pieces but its been that long that they may have found other options. A couple of the local Pug owners have dropped by for a look and to meet my father. Unfortunately he now doesn't remember what goes on which car etc, so its difficult for me to ring up and ask for pictures of particular things, so there is a lot of time between my visits where I can go and identify and search for particular parts for people.
I am going to be back up briefly again in a couple weeks and then hopefully at least once a month over winter, so with a bit of luck if people are interested in anything in particular, or have questions, I should be able to be a little more responsive, and get stuff back to Launceston or Hobart easily.

Thanks for those that have asked about things, and thanks for your patience.

Mark

I will take the 404 gasket set and would still like to get a look at the exhaust pipes behind the fuel tank.

Mark

Do you have any 404 front floor mats (left and right) that are in good condition?

Thanks

Dano

Hi

Impressive collection. I am sure that your father has some stories to tell.

If you have two 404 gasket sets I would like one( Graham gets first go)

Would also be interested in any non rusted bommet or boot lid you may have

Best Wishes

Andrew Watkins

Graham, Gasket set is yours, will PM you later when I have more time about how to get them to you etc. View attachment 113481 here is the three different pipes that were there cut off prior to first muffler.

Last edited:
Sorry Andrew, only one complete 404 gasket set, there are lots and lots of loose and individual gaskets floating but I wouldnt be able to make up another full one and gaurantee everything was there. There is a boot lid for a 404 that I have to pull out and have a better look at to see if its got much rust underneath. It definitely needs a lot of paint stripped off it, looks like its been used by a 4 year old with 10lts of paint to throw. bad photo but only one i have, its in the background here...

Attachments

• IMG_0093.jpg
    IMG_0093.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 146