Second hand engine for 2006 307cc?

plenty in the yards, wreckers! RHR that is a real shame.

I have a 206 gti motor I think they might be the same motor EW10J4 assuming it’s a petrol not diesel. I’m located in Bulli.
PM me if your interested.

I have a 206 gti motor I think they might be the same motor EW10J4 assuming it’s a petrol not diesel. I’m located in Bulli.
PM me if your interested.
Hello 1pugnut,
You have what I am looking for. My 307 is a
2 litre RFK, EW10J4S, it’s the high performance version (130kW).
Car is currently idle at Allan Mackay in Moss Vale.
What would you be willing to take for it?
Any idea it’s condition?
Feel free to call me - 0402676155.
Thanks,
Barry

Hello 1pugnut,
You have what I am looking for. My 307 is a
2 litre RFK, EW10J4S, it’s the high performance version (130kW).
Car is currently idle at Allan Mackay in Moss Vale.
What would you be willing to take for it?
Any idea it’s condition?
Feel free to call me - 0402676155.
Thanks,
Barry
You need a 206 Gti 180 motor not the standard Gti motor

Citroen C4 VTS also a possible donor.

Didn't the VTS have the J4RS motor ?

Cheers

Justin

Looking at the characteristics of a sample VTS VIN (incl RFK), it is showing VTS as the badge and engine type as 16V 180 EW10J4S.
This is from the C4 parts catalogue. Pug may or may not use the same engine part number, but sometimes a part# differs only for a vert minor variation. The steering pump on the 3.0HDi C5 and 407 - same unit bar a bolt hole, different part numbers.
It would be best to find one from the same model of similar build date before looking at alternatives.

1657113626111.png

plenty in the yards, wreckers! RHR that is a real shame.
Looking at the characteristics of a sample VTS VIN (incl RFK), it is showing VTS as the badge and engine type as 16V 180 EW10J4S.
This is from the C4 parts catalogue. Pug may or may not use the same engine part number, but sometimes a part# differs only for a vert minor variation. The steering pump on the 3.0HDi C5 and 407 - same unit bar a bolt hole, different part numbers.
It would be best to find one from the same model of similar build date before looking at alternatives.

View attachment 207149

Why no compression on one cylinder? Holed piston, broken rings or bent/dropped valve?

Why no compression on one cylinder? Holed piston, broken rings or bent/dropped valve?
Good question that Allan Mackay say will take about $800 of labour
to answer. I have another contact/mechanic in Sydney referred by
Aussie Frogs who might do it for less. You know any good pug mechanics? Allan Mackay are so expensive.

A leakdown test would be a non-invasive way to get more of an idea. Borescope?
Perhaps, a plug broke the ceramic and jammed a valve open? You can likely tell by removing the cam covers.
Changing the engine could be the long and expensive way to fix it unless something major has gone wrong inside. A blue slip is also needed for the engine number.
I don't know who would go to Picton and I can't see a mobile person going into the dealer's workshop ...