Scenic tranny questions

Do they fail early because they run too hot - like the AD4?

Do they fail early because they run too hot - like the AD4?
Yeah. Combined with people never changing the fluid. “Sealed for life”…

The PSA versions also died earlier as PSA factory filled with a mineral fluid, wheras Renault at least put synthetic in them.

Any the Main pressure regulation solenoids do fail. And if not changed out immediately the wonky pressures can lead to clutch failures.

Just for interest the car runs totally differently now.
Changes gear more easily & often plus vehicle seems to run much more quietly with less RPM related type noise.
On the flat no load noise is not dissimilar to that of an electric vehicle.

The Renault auto trans I rebuilt shifts incredibly well. Probably the best shifts I've felt in these things, they're notorious for hard shifts. The asterisk on it all is I had to change out the valve body and replace the main pair of solenoids that control line pressure and the converter lock up. I used the old one's stupidly as I'd been told they were not that old. So when I went to start it last week it kept bogging down and missing when put in drive.

I thought it was an engine issue long enough that I forced it past the bogging to do a quick test drive. Bad move. It was the converter lockup locked - the control solenoid was stuffed and stuck open.

And when I dropped the fluid to change the solenoid it has a very metallic sheen to it...

But, it drives perfectly and the converter lockup works on the cruise, so I've left instructions to keep changing the fluid until it stops being metallic looking and see how long it goes for!

But, fuckup aside on not joining the dots on why it was stalling quicker, it seems I successfully assembled it!

The trans on my sons car had a real dry rumbling sound when we bought it ,a couple of oil changes ,the same result ,complete transformation ,