Scenic RX4 convert to Scenic 2WD cable clutch/gearbox?

Berridale

Fellow Frogger
Changing the engine on my RX4 which is now 2WD, tailshaft gone. New 5th gear set.
RX4 has a hydraulic clutch and the Scenic a cable.

Two choices of action keep the existing gearbox or swap the lot from the 2WD parts car.
Clutch pedal would have to be changed.
What is the level of difficulty in changing clutch operation?

Changing the engine on my RX4 which is now 2WD, tailshaft gone. New 5th gear set.
RX4 has a hydraulic clutch and the Scenic a cable.

Two choices of action keep the existing gearbox or swap the lot from the 2WD parts car.
Clutch pedal would have to be changed.
What is the level of difficulty in changing clutch operation?

A swap would atleast give you way more options!

I was thinking the other day in the RX4 going hard up one of Tasmania's steep hills on the way into hobart (from the south) it would be nice to have an RS turbo engine in it.

I can't answer the clutch question, but one of mine needs to be changed so I'll be finding out (after winter)

Vivid,
when the original 5th gear became noisy i took the 5gear set out of the old 2WD spare car which fits perfectly.
However it gives very high top gear which drops the revs down too low at 100kph but at least the car is working.
Much easier than changing the gearbox etc.
It's a very easy repair and yes the retaining bolt/nut are not done up very tight from the factory.

The gears are brittle so chipping the teeth is easily done when you lock/wedge the gears.