Scenic pricing

Mark Streeter

Fellow Frogger
Recently in the Sydney Morning Herald, i saw an auto Dynamic for sale with 4000k - asking price was $29000. Seems quite a drop from the new on road price of $33400 quoted in Sydney's eastern suburbs. Its the first used Scenic I've seen for sale. Are prices different elsewhere?

Dunno never seen a used Scenic, there was a Megane down here that had been won in a raffle thats the only used "new" Renault I've seen. But really it would want to be cheap otherwise why would you by it over brandnew, if I was spending that kind of money I'd pay the extra to get brand new, unless the second hand one was say $10,000 cheaper. Resently a friend was looking at a new XR6 and found that 1 year old cars were over $10,000 cheaper.

David.

This scenic is just an example of how much Renaults depreciate. You cant do anything about it. In 5-10 yrs these cars will be still good and the 2nd hand hunters will scoop quite a bargain interest free.

I'm sorry but I don't see it as being a bargin, if it was 10 grand cheaper I'd say yes, but at 4 grand I'd rather go for brand new, I bet I could pick up a demo cheaper than that, anyway it's comon knowledge that a new Comodore will drop 10 grand when you drive it out the door.
David.