Scammers Warning

cam85

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Attention all Aussiefroggers

Im sure most of you are aware but for those that are not please be aware there are scammers operating in the Wanted section of this forum.
Please confirm any details and dont pay anyone for products they claim to have. They dont have it even if they send you pictures of what your after.
The easiest detection is to see how long they have been a member. Usually they sign up just to tell you they have what your after.
I dont know why this forum allows people to get sign on right away without approval but it is what it is.
I was contacted by a scammer this morning after my post was up for 5 hours wanting a front spoiler grill. “I have what what your after”.

Take care out there

The new forum software is not too smart in authorising new registrations - I delete any that I see to be scam/spammers, but a good few still slip through. . .

Some never post but make contact via PMs (conversations) so mods/admin are unaware of their activity - if you receive suspicious contact best to let me know and I'll remove the username.

Cheers
Chris

I reckon the wanted sections of Aussiefrogs would be hard work for scammers. None of us will ever pay more than $50 for any part...
Pay $50, you have to be joking, as they say. If it is not free, not worth having.

The spelling mistake probably gave it away instantly.
There are no spelling errors in that post.

All of the words have the correct spelling. He might have used the incorrect word(s), but that doesn’t mean that the spelling of the word(s) used was incorrect.

There are no spelling errors in that post.

All of the words have the correct spelling. He might have used the incorrect word(s), but that doesn’t mean that the spelling of the word(s) used was incorrect.
Thanks for the backup.

The ole double word post… Maybe its this new life in the US..

I found the people on this website scrupulously honest. I supplied over 200 book orders, many from this forum, with an invoice and only one was not paid for, lost in transit. Just what I always found with Peugeot enthusiasts.

Thanks for the backup.

The ole double word post… Maybe its this new life in the US..
You haven’t, have you?

My wife escaped from there and she has just been sent the notice advising her that she’s been granted Australian Citizenship. She’s just waiting for the date from the local council to organise the citizenship ceremony.

She couldn’t get out of there fast enough.
Besides, there are almost no French cars over there.

You haven’t, have you?

My wife escaped from there and she has just been sent the notice advising her that she’s been granted Australian Citizenship. She’s just waiting for the date from the local council to organise the citizenship ceremony.

She couldn’t get out of there fast enough.
Besides, there are almost no French cars over there.
Congrats to your wife! It can be a long process. Was 2 years almost to get my green card and 5 years for my wife to get here Aussie passport.
Yep. Live in upstate NY. I was quite opposite, couldnt wait to get to the US! My wife finally got her Aussie Passport and after years of living in Australia together we wanted to spend time with her folks so its my turn to live here. The French car thing is tough but there is lots of other stuff we dont get in OZ. I find the US much more diverse than Australia at this point in my life and have always had an itch to live here/there, the US that is!

Since living here 5 weeks we have had several neighbours come and welcome us with food, beers and house plants. Never had any of the sort back home after 35 years! Feels the same but different all together. Different stokes!

Ive got my eyes on R53 Minis, e36/46 Bmws and 90s ford LTD/Crown vics for a laugh.

Last edited:
Congrats to your wife! It can be a long process. Was 2 years almost to get my green card and 5 years for my wife to get here Aussie passport.
Yep. Live in upstate NY. I was quite opposite, couldnt wait to get to the US! My wife finally got her Aussie Passport and after years of living in Australia together we wanted to spend time with her folks so its my turn to live here. The French car thing is tough but there is lots of other stuff we dont get in OZ. I find the US much more diverse than Australia at this point in my life and have always had an itch to live here/there, the US that is!

Since living here 5 weeks we have had several neighbours come and welcome us with food, beers and house plants. Never had any of the sort back home after 35 years! Feels the same but different all together. Different stokes!

Ive got my eyes on R53 Minis, e36/46 Bmws and 90s ford LTD/Crown vics for a laugh.
Upstate NY? That’s where my wife is from. Rochester, to be precise. I never feel safe in the U.S. - there are too many crazy people walking around carrying guns

R53 Minis - aren’t even Minis. And those B things are better left not even talked about. Both the R and the B will leave you with expensive repair bills. That’s what I’m told by friends who have owned them. One friend who owned the R thing said that it was a great car whilst it was under warranty. But after that, he couldn’t wait to get rid of it.

And besides anything else, they’re German! They’re not French.

Actually, if you get yourself onto the Peugeot email list, then you might well find a 505 or 405 or maybe some other model going cheap and sometimes even being given away. You’d have to do some work on the car to get it driveable and roadworthy, but you’re capable. And there are still a number of people who have spare parts, both new and used.

Cheers,
Andrew

No problem Andrew. Im a little more open to other cars than you are by the sounds of it. I know most French car guys are utter tight arses but I enjoy variety in my life and can happily repair most things and dont mind spending money on the things that need it. And believe it or not, the Mini is a Mini, it says so on the badge right? Just like a Peugeot is always made in France with all French Parts only, no German computers or electrics, nothing made in China on them…oh wait, thats a joke..
If youve not driven one you wont get it. Same reason other people slagg of French cars, just misinformed. Its also why BMW sold massive amounts of the M3 because they were such terrible cars…

Im on the mailing list and the FB group for French cars here and am on the lookout for a 505 Turbo s. most are totally rusted out or in good care tucked away. Lets see what comes up. The Mi16s that are here are the same limp low comp cars Australia got early on. Their dashboards crumbled into nothing and most of them never sold. The ones that are left are few and far between and would need a lot more $ thrown at them to get them up to scratch. As Peugeot had such a fantastic business plan in the US it ment they have zero parts supply here and so it costs as much as a ……..drumroll please……German car to fix!!! Or even more!! Or twice as bad!

Im yet to see anyone open carry a firearm here. Im not too bothered about “all the crazy people” carrying guns as when its time its time. I dont want to live my life in perpetual fear of ‘what ifs.

Ill leave you to it I think.

I found the people on this website scrupulously honest. I supplied over 200 book orders, many from this forum, with an invoice and only one was not paid for, lost in transit. Just what I always found with Peugeot enthusiasts.

Yes Russel. When you are the seller its different. Read the originl post again.

Let say you want a ‘part b4s’ for you car. You post a wanted ad for said part. Mr J contacts you via PM to say ive got your b4s part, here is a few photos. Ill have $90 inc postage for it. You then pay the money and nothing turns up… Selling is a very different story as YOU have the product and they pay YOU not the other way around. Make sense?

I don't buy or sell parts on the forum but I've always assumed the community for the early models would trade reliably. Not to say people are always happy with results. Where there has been an unsatisfied demand like a request for an early diff nobody rushed in with a bogus offer. Probably because it's too specialized a field. It's sad if people are scamming on the site.

This would explain the few weird emails I've had when posting wanted ads for obscure 306 parts.

@cam85 you sound like you will be kept busy on the car front. The variety in the states is much better than most people imagine and there are more manuals (stick shifts) than here!