Saw a 404 for sale today - Wavell Heights

gibgib

Local Tyrant
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Dark (black?) colour with some bog sanding work on the left side rear.
I didn't stop but it sits prodominately on Edinburgh Castle Rd Wavell Heights. Must be about number 200's on odd side, with for sale in the drivers window.
Dunno how much $ but I'll probably be up that way again Thursday if anyone wants me to get out & check it more.
snail whip

Ray, it's between Vale & Cressey Sts on the City side in a front yard at right angle to the road. I drove by at 2:30PM today.

Three trips there... one in the morning, one in the afternoon and one at night... still no sighting of the car. They've been out in it all day...

Made contact tonight, will be catching up with it some time tomorrow.

Yeah, sure... we're just working out terms.

It's dark green, actually. At least most of it... there's some damage repair at the front that's still in primer.

And I do thank you for this tip, gib gib...

<small>[ 17 April 2003, 07:00 AM: Message edited by: Ray Bell ]</small>

Just around the corner from me, but I never mentioned it because it was heavily advertised in the CM for many weeks - I assumed any 404 fanatics would have read the ads. Those people have had it for quite a while, and in primer spots for quite a while.

Gus:
Nice one Ray... what are you going to do with it?
Appreciate it for what it is... a nicely kept 404 that's come to the point that it needs a bit of work.

Best of all, the people I got it from are happy it's gone to someone who'll care for it, which I will.

Maybe I'll put it on Club Rego after the present rego runs out, but I'll use it for sure, and I have already lined up the painter to help me make it all the one colour.

Brakes, transmission and carby are all in for some touchups... and there's a few odd bits about the interior too.

Thanks very much, gib gib, you have no idea how excited I am about this little addition to my fleet.

Yeah, it's complicated by the fact that I unexpectedly picked up another 504 last week. A very nice one with fairly minor front end damage (I have a selection of replacement panels etc available)...

But I wasn't going to miss out on this baby... give me a couple of months and I might ever turn out to an Aussiefrogs do in it.

Lots to do to it first, but I'm very impressed with the lack of serious rust in the places that are hard to deal with. I must get some fish oil to work to keep the prevention up, however.

Bruce H:
Just around the corner from me, but I never mentioned it because it was heavily advertised in the CM for many weeks - I assumed any 404 fanatics would have read the ads. Those people have had it for quite a while, and in primer spots for quite a while.
I gather there's a right little nest of Pugs in that immediate area...

And I don't get the Club magazine... maybe if I go for Club rego I'll have to join up?

Ray, by CM I meant Courier Mail. I'm fairly sure it ran for several Saturdays, if not must have been that I saw it in the Trading Post.
IIRC there was a 504 (diesel?) living next door to the 404.

Bruce H:
Ray, by CM I meant Courier Mail. I'm fairly sure it ran for several Saturdays, if not must have been that I saw it in the Trading Post.
IIRC there was a 504 (diesel?) living next door to the 404.
Don't get him started!!!!!!!!!
ian.

Well that really solves it...

I never look at the 'CM'... and I'm out of the diesel business for good, so don't worry about me trying to corner that market. Kugelfischer 504s are taking all my time and money.

Well, actually, I think I've stopped buying now.

Unless, of course...