Satnav mysteries Peugeot 2008

BarryC

Fellow Frogger
My 2017 model 2008 has a satnav that I assume is common to other models of similar date. It works well enough for me to pension off my Tomtom satnav - at least until the updates become other than free ...

A couple of questions

Does anyone know the origin of the satnav system that Peugeot now use? Seems a little like tomtom but I really don’t know.

I like the satnav driving preferences that can be decided upon. There are four. fastest, shortest, compromise and Ecological(?). Does anyone know what the guidance logic may be behind this preference? Does it mean “driving through the most picturesque countryside”. It seemed to do that once for me, but is was travelling through picturesque countryside anyway so really don’t know?

Any considered, useful or witty opinions would be looked at.

Does anyone know the origin of the satnav system that Peugeot now use? Seems a little like tomtom but I really don’t know.

It’s Tom Tom on late 2008s and here maps on early cars

I like the satnav driving preferences that can be decided upon. There are four. fastest, shortest, compromise and Ecological(?). Does anyone know what the guidance logic may be behind this preference? Does it mean “driving through the most picturesque countryside”. It seemed to do that once for me, but is was travelling through picturesque countryside anyway so really.

That gold lol I think they use the theory that 90k an hour or so is the best fuel time compromise so routed on roads like that if possible

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 505 GR xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

Makes sense. 90 is a tad short for me so may not use it unless I’m doing my roundabout cruising routes avoiding highways.