S16 lives...

Double Trouble ....
E2E4442B-39B2-4547-A7C5-C82EA779D9AB-5591-00000D63D4CB8777.jpg

34930332-0F17-43B2-A2F5-22A8FA8ED804-5591-00000D657FCE1C7C.jpg

Nice effort. Cars look great! They are an awesome car, super fun and very stealth. I think they look more aggressive than the GTi6 too!

You should buy that manifold that 306 Maxi is talking about. Theres one for sale at the moment. A few things to change over but will be ultimately reliable and probably lighter...

I think that sensor is the oil temp sensor?

Cam

Trial fit before getting calipers rebuilt... Thankfully no issues at all !! Just have to decide on the colour...
suggestions ??

IMG_1385_zps0663aac7.jpg

You cant see much of them but i know they are in there...Samco Hose set... along with a new fan set and thermostat. For the first time EVER the fans are now working correctly.... Its a good day to own a peugeot ..

IMG_1387_zpsd3bb3a70.jpg

Calipers back in black.... Ferodo pads..

IMG_1415_zps11e57018.jpg

Nice pedal feel and best of all..... NO sign of the dreaded Brembo squeal ....

Next parts to get attention are the motor and gearbox...I'm in the UK at the end of the month for a few weeks so bringing back some bits n pieces to try out... I'm hoping to find a donor engine here before I go that's suitable for a rebuild... Are the 2 ltr MI16 suitable ? I have Jenvey throttle bodies and manifold waiting for me and I'm sourcing a tubular exhaust manifold to fit... Can't really bring back heavy items but will organise to freight things back depending on what I can find ....

The brembo's squeal like a cut cat .....

An old thread ... Can't believe I've had this for so long .... Still going strong and refusing to age .... Doesn't get driven enough so looking to move it to someone that appreciates what it is.... What's it's taken to get it to the stage its at and will use it and enjoy it like I used too ... Great version of the 306 ...

You cant see much of them but i know they are in there...Samco Hose set... along with a new fan set and thermostat. For the first time EVER the fans are now working correctly.... Its a good day to own a peugeot ..

IMG_1387_zpsd3bb3a70.jpg

Sorry for the huge post revival but i'm an S16 owner too and i'm about to change the cooling fans and since the job to renew the hooses is the same, i pretend changing then to this samco set. What hoses compose the kit? In the site fotos i noticed that the double inferior and heater ones dosent incluide, but what about the other ones? My heater is isolated so this is not a problem and the double-inferior oune i found an "Metalcaucho" one. Does the kit came with the oil cooler one and the two little ones that came from the lower part of the radiator and rear engine water inlet and both goes to the termostat?

Large thread bump / new user..

I've now taken ownership of the S16 and now on an self education adventure.

Things done so far.

1. Willwood Mid-lite Braking kit ordered (Mainly so I don't have to use spacers / RWC reasons).
  2. Cambelt replaced & full fluids service.
  3. China Short Shifter kit installed.
Next on the list.

1. Investigate rebuild / performance upgrades for current engine (I'd like to get to around the 180hp mark).
  2. Hunt for GTI-6 Gearbox