Rusty Pug Racing

Bowie

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
6E1FB2C6-2135-44A8-A810-58A29CEA4B78.jpeg

Expect a write up about what you are getting up too ya sneeky devils :p

Trying to find 3.5 seconds a lap to catch the lead Honda by the look of the scoreboard.😉

Ah I was trying to flush out the driver from this team;

They were involved with an enduro at SMSP last weekend, as part of the "Motor Events" track events;

Looks like he runs a 4dr 306, having a gooooood deal of fun, I wanted to hear the story :p

290145973_1030796980881329_9223156270297930399_n.jpg

Yeah, that's my car :)

It's done approx 16 endurance events (24hrs of Lemons initially which was replaced by Motor Events Racing later). It started as a 1 owner stock N3 306 XSI with the 2.0 8v with only 80k kms..........20k+ race kms later it's still going strong, we have 5 drivers per race and at last weekends race we did 517 laps of Eastern Creek and the race prior we did about 1350kms in the race. We try not to push it too hard or push the limits of driver stints to be more competitive, we've found our happy medium and we're happy if we finish in the top half of the field which it pretty good considering some cars are significantly faster than we are. Last weekend it finished ahead of a Ford F6 Typhoon 😂😂😂

What a weapon. And a great use of such a buggy!

1350km on the the track per sitting.. Some folks are rebuilding engines at those distances...

How often are you going through rotors and pads. That looks like fun!

We have 283mm rotors and calipers from a 307 diesel (4mm thicker than 306GTI rotors), we just change the rotors every race as they get minor heat cracks and they're fairly cheap but we have endurance pads fitted, we can go 4-5 races between front pad changes.

You can tell we're a very serious team :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Rusty.jpg
    Rusty.jpg
    458.7 KB · Views: 129
4 hrs on the GP circuit then 13hrs on the north circuit. Surprised me how much more fuel it goes through on the north circuit per hr, we logged an average throttle position of 68% for north circuit vs only 55% on the GP circuit.

Yeah, that's my car :)

It's done approx 16 endurance events (24hrs of Lemons initially which was replaced by Motor Events Racing later). It started as a 1 owner stock N3 306 XSI with the 2.0 8v with only 80k kms..........20k+ race kms later it's still going strong, we have 5 drivers per race and at last weekends race we did 517 laps of Eastern Creek and the race prior we did about 1350kms in the race. We try not to push it too hard or push the limits of driver stints to be more competitive, we've found our happy medium and we're happy if we finish in the top half of the field which it pretty good considering some cars are significantly faster than we are. Last weekend it finished ahead of a Ford F6 Typhoon 😂😂😂

That is exactly my idea of racing and it looks like you have a great team too. Well done.

Wish I found a team like that around here.

We have 283mm rotors and calipers from a 307 diesel (4mm thicker than 306GTI rotors), we just change the rotors every race as they get minor heat cracks and they're fairly cheap but we have endurance pads fitted, we can go 4-5 races between front pad changes.

You can tell we're a very serious team :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Can I ask what pads you're using?

I'm building up a 206 to run in the Motor Events Mallala 12hr later in August. Have no idea what pads or tires to use....

Talk to these people:
You'll need something from Winmax or Circo.

As for tyres, I'd be finding some 15x6 Citroen C5 wheels and run 205x50R15 A050's.
We ran CL Brakes initially and were happy with them and then changed the Winmax W7 which are very good and worth the $$. I would use a different Winmax version for sprints but W7 works well for what we do.

Thanks Alex. What about tires for endurance? Would a peformance street tire like a pilot sport be better for longevity?

Cheers,
Rory