Rubbery business

56 Fregate

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
1676247385254.png

In the unlikely event that I might find myself in possession of a pre-1946 Renault I thought I'd make some pedal rubbers with the correct logo.

strips cut from 3 mm sheet rubber were successfully super-glued together to make the parts easy as.

More rubbery business to follow.

IMG_5818.JPG
IMG_5819.JPG
IMG_5833.JPG
IMG_5837.JPG

More rubbery business; this time bumper bracket decorative rubbers. A scaffold was made up from bits of rubber sheet super-glued together to form the outline. Then Sikaflex Pro was used to fill in the coved areas, the tool of choice for coving is spit-on-finger. Once the Sika was cured I sprayed the whole assembly with Plasti dip rubber-in-a-can to give it an even texture.
Makes one want to weep doesn't it. :rolleyes:

1676525986361.jpeg

IMG_5792.JPG
IMG_5858.JPG
IMG_5861.JPG

Attachments

• 1676525714028.jpeg
    1676525714028.jpeg
    7.2 KB · Views: 91
Nice one Graham
I too have discovered the superglue and rubber marriage. Recently rejoined the old rubber for the R17 which had come apart in the bottom corners. My windscreen fellow trimmed the mitres and used a loctite brand of superglue.
It's quite rewarding making a copy of a rubber seal from other profiles glued together. Clark Rubber is a big help.

Loctite 406 instant adhesive is used when making 'O' rings to get a perfect finish join.

Well that went well. A lineal metre of Bunnings special floor mat cut and shaped. I dewaxed the areas to be Super glued and the rest was easy after I'd made up an in situ paper template. It's a passenger car footwell mat of course and fits like a finger in a calf's bum, as we often say here in the bush. I'm pretty happy with it. :geek:

IMG_6414.JPG
IMG_6416.JPG
IMG_6417.JPG

Well that went well. A lineal metre of Bunnings special floor mat cut and shaped. I dewaxed the areas to be Super glued and the rest was easy after I'd made up an in situ paper template. It's a passenger car footwell mat of course and fits like a finger in a calf's bum, as we often say here in the bush. I'm pretty happy with it. :geek:

View attachment 222315View attachment 222316View attachment 222317
That'd be a loose fit I'd imagine. Can only imagine it come to thing of it...... Nice work on the mat.