RS Clio exhaust mod, hidden!!

sajn

Fellow Frogger
K-Tec have released a hidden exhaust for the Clio.

If you are interested go to:

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1088

I think that is a much better looking solution. I probably would be a little risky ordering form the UK. Has anyone ordered from K-Tec before?

Hmmm what about a carbon fibre bonnet as well?
Maybe a little over the top....

Last edited by a moderator:
sajn said:
K-Tec have released a hidden exhaust for the Clio.

If you are interested goto:

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1088

I think that is a much better looking solution. I probably would be a little risky ordering form the UK. Has anyone ordered from K-Tec before?
Hmmm, but it will get awfully expensive... still wondering if anyone has had a semi circle curved out fromt he bumper so an exahust with tip would fit better with the rest of the lines of the car. I think with this, you'd rather go to hi tec muffs.

sajn said:
Hmmm what about a carbon fibre bonnet aswell?
Maybe a little over the top....

naaa not over the top, its just called Rice. :)

Cars without a tail pipe look a little strange ... kinda like they have been castrated. (or a penectomy) ...

- XTC206 -

XTC206 said:
Cars without a tail pipe look a little strange ... kinda like they have been castrated. (or a penectomy) ...

- XTC206 -
Or, for the other extreme, check the 'rice it up' thread in the humour section.
When too many exhausts and not nearly enough.

Ren
:cheers:

storms_of_fate said:
Hmmm, but it will get awfully expensive... still wondering if anyone has had a semi circle curved out fromt he bumper so an exahust with tip would fit better with the rest of the lines of the car. I think with this, you'd rather go to hi tec muffs.

naaa not over the top, its just called Rice. :)

Carbon fibre bonnet from those guys is pretty pricey. S of F i don't think it's ricey, open your bonnet and feel how heavy it is and remember that it is up high. A 'proper' cfrp bonnet would save a few kgs and reduce (slightly) the C of G height.

Yah the ol mans Subaru B4 has an all aluminium bonnet...
Weight saving always gives performance increases, but can be costly! ;)

Cutting out the bumber...
hmmm not my choice, u'd wanna be careful, or its a whole new one!!!
I prefer mine without the tip showing, and i really dont like the v6 or new 182 model dual tips in the bumper :(

It does seem a little heavy for such a small bonnet.

CF bonnets are known to be dangerous in a frontal accident. They don't crumple in the manner designed by the manufacturer.

That stealth exhaust is a good idea though. Sometimes it's not worth advertising what you've got.

winnie said:
Carbon fibre bonnet from those guys is pretty pricey. S of F i don't think it's ricey, open your bonnet and feel how heavy it is and remember that it is up high. A 'proper' cfrp bonnet would save a few kgs and reduce (slightly) the C of G height.

Point taken, but the thing is every big spending rice boy has a bonnet that colour. And I think a CF bonnet is more show off then some exhaust tips. So unless I only want my car to be driven on a track, I'd never got for such an option. Simply put, most of use drive this thing as a normal every day car, and do you really want your daily comuter to have something like that? Not to mention wheny ou park it somewhere it draw attension, and sometimes unwanted attention. :2cents:

nate said:
Cutting out the bumber...
hmmm not my choice, u'd wanna be careful, or its a whole new one!!!
I prefer mine without the tip showing, and i really dont like the v6 or new 182 model dual tips in the bumper :(

haha I know mate I know!! But I'd get the tuning place to do it not me with a giant scisors! hehe But... but... I'm increasingly liking the Megane 225 a lot... eeeekkk not good, my friend is already saying stuff like "when you buy your 225" :) but it will have to depend how much I have to pay a month for it...

On a side note, saw a Pug GTi180 today, those 307 wheels look so aftermarket! The tips are okay, but that's because all your attention are on the wheels thinking "Rice boy!!! with wrong sized wheel" then "oh wait a minute, hmmm!"

storms_of_fate said:
On a side note, saw a Pug GTi180 today, those 307 wheels look so aftermarket! The tips are okay, but that's because all your attention are on the wheels thinking "Rice boy!!! with wrong sized wheel" then "oh wait a minute, hmmm!"

I have 2 agree that 17s are a little big for the chassis of the car.. they should have concentrated on the motor and refinement a little more. If only they took a leaf from Renault get the mechanics a sweet as a peach then worry about styling.

It's a pity the styling on the Clio only got 5 min! OOoooooo!

storms_of_fate said:
Point taken, but the thing is every big spending rice boy has a bonnet that colour. And I think a CF bonnet is more show off then some exhaust tips. So unless I only want my car to be driven on a track, I'd never got for such an option. Simply put, most of use drive this thing as a normal every day car, and do you really want your daily comuter to have something like that? Not to mention wheny ou park it somewhere it draw attension, and sometimes unwanted attention. :2cents:

You can paint CF, it doesn't have to be left natural advertising to the world what it is ;) ,and yes i would prefer a weight saving of a few kgs that would positively affect performance (slightly) in all driving conditions over a few kW extra peak power that would be used much less frequently.

winnie said:
You can paint CF, it doesn't have to be left natural advertising to the world what it is ;)

are you sure you can paint CF? I thought the paint wouldn't stay on it? Even if does.... I have always thought CF is nto a surface where you generally apply paint to... hmm

Luca said:
I have 2 agree that 17s are a little big for the chassis of the car.. they should have concentrated on the motor and refinement a little more. If only they took a leaf from Renault get the mechanics a sweet as a peach then worry about styling.

It's a pity the styling on the Clio only got 5 min! OOoooooo!

Styling on the Clio isn't that bad, but the cabin is showing its age. This car was styled in 98... so you have to compare this to the Astra. :)

storms_of_fate said:
Styling on the Clio isn't that bad, but the cabin is showing its age. This car was styled in 98... so you have to compare this to the Astra. :)
I felt it was overly black and overly square (lots of hard angles), but yes things have changed (even in plastics) in the last 6 years.

- XTC206 -

storms_of_fate said:
are you sure you can paint CF? I thought the paint wouldn't stay on it? Even if does.... I have always thought CF is nto a surface where you generally apply paint to... hmm

Paint or color the gel coat yes. See F1 body work for examples of painted CF

winnie said:
Paint or color the gel coat yes. See F1 body work for examples of painted CF
okay cool. But it is pretty expensive piece of kit isn't it? Oh well. So I invented in a navman instead :D

XTC206 said:
I felt it was overly black and overly square (lots of hard angles), but yes things have changed (even in plastics) in the last 6 years.
Actaully I like black, the germanic feel of cabins. Astra, Golf IV both had that. Since I had an Astra I was at home inside the Clio. But in terms of design, quality and so forth, it isn't much better then the Astra. Okay a bit more style but you know, you can tell its dated cabin. The Megane 225 on the other hand looks brillaint! I love the dash instruments. :), perhaps one is coming to a parking spot near me at the end of the year.

storms_of_fate said:
Actaully I like black, the germanic feel of cabins. Astra, Golf IV both had that.
Generally stay away from Black (exterior or interior) if possible ... where it's sunshine 300 days of the year (and no rain to speak of in 2004 so far) ...

- XTC206 -

dave from bendigo said:
I don't know if you've noticed, but most late model bmw's don't have a visible tailpipe and I think it looks fine.
Yep, and Golfs, and probably others from VAG as well.