Right front blinker flashing fast 2003 307

gecko

Tadpole
Right blinker not working, the side and back work but flash fast, I've tried replacing the bulb and also using the left assembly in place, problem still persists.

Any thoughts?

Look at all the sockets and plugs for melted pins. The tail lights tend to fail at the fitting. Or could be the wiring inside the headlight as the insulation tends to fall apart.

I've just replaced the wiring and socket on our 308 headlight which blew bulbs often and rear indicator used to do the work not work until I cleaned and realigned the melted pin.

Keep at it you'll soon find the issue

There is likely to be a local earth point for that part of the harness. Follow the wires back into the harness and look for a branch that then goes to a termination bolted to the body.

Common problem in T5 307 headlights - pretty sure it's the bulb socket.

Bend the tabs out on the socket and clean the tabs in the headlight assuming that they haven’t broken off in the headlight

Bend the tabs out on the socket and clean the tabs in the headlight assuming that they haven’t broken off in the headlight
Yeah I've cleaned them and bent them out, one passenger side always works regardless of socket, the driver's side won't work even when switch the sockets, that's why I'm thinking it's a ground problem.

Yeah I've cleaned them and bent them out, one passenger side always works regardless of socket, the driver's side won't work even when switch the sockets, that's why I'm thinking it's a ground problem.
Take a photo of inside the headlight hole the headlight only has one earth so if the headlight works the earth is ok

Possibly the headlight connector layout is like this, where three of the pins (not all relevant to your problem) lead to earth via two crimps and two bolted earth points.

1633158373508.png

All good conventional info & grounds needs to be checked.
I've heard mixing in LED bulbs with standard can cause such issues as well.

Adding leds is like removing an incandescent bulb completely and leaving it out as the controller measuring current sees a very low draw and fast flashes and errors.

Agree connections on fittings and earths are going to be the issue, Continuity of the wire from stalk should also be checked? Multimeter on volts between output to light and body earth

I've got LEDs all over my car with no ballast resistors and no hyperflashing because I swapped the electromechanical flasher for a solid state type. However, if you have a globe that isn't working at all, that's local to that socket. Good luck with hunting down the discontinuity.

Gecko has NOT yet said if the headlight on that side is working. That is a key diagnostic. If the headlight works, then the earth is OK. If the headlight doesn't work, it is likely to be the earth.

IF the headlight works... I'd be getting out a multi meter. Put the blinker on. Test you have flashing 12 volts when you put the meter probes on the earth contact and the blinker contact of the bulb holder. If nothing, test from the blinker bulb centre contact to a real earth (a bolt attached to the body) or to the battery negative terminal. If still nothing, you have a wiring fault - likely to be in the plug/socket, unless mice have been eating your wiring.

If you don't have a multi meter, buy one. Jaycar Electronics have good cheap ones. Also getting a pair of multimeter leads with clip ends is good. You can then fit the black clip lead and a red probe lead to the meter. Connect the black clip to a known good earth or to battery negative, then test for (flashing) 12 volts at the centre bulb contact, using the probe of the red lead. If nothing, then open up the connector and test for flashing 12 volts at the connector pins - the car side of course. If you don't have flashing 12 volts at the wiring connector (but you will) then you have a wiring fault. But as Dmccurtayne said, it will be connector problems or bulb holder problems. Use the multimeter to find out where you have flashing 12 volts and where you don't, that will give you your answer.

From my son's experience, replacing the whole headlight unit with a 2nd hand one is a waste of time, because it will have the same fault.

An old friend's T5 has the same problem. Must try a T6 unit to see if it fits - maybe (like COM2000 problems) this issue was fixed for T6!?

Gecko has NOT yet said if the headlight on that side is working. That is a key diagnostic. If the headlight works, then the earth is OK. If the headlight doesn't work, it is likely to be the earth.

IF the headlight works... I'd be getting out a multi meter. Put the blinker on. Test you have flashing 12 volts when you put the meter probes on the earth contact and the blinker contact of the bulb holder. If nothing, test from the blinker bulb centre contact to a real earth (a bolt attached to the body) or to the battery negative terminal. If still nothing, you have a wiring fault - likely to be in the plug/socket, unless mice have been eating your wiring.

If you don't have a multi meter, buy one. Jaycar Electronics have good cheap ones. Also getting a pair of multimeter leads with clip ends is good. You can then fit the black clip lead and a red probe lead to the meter. Connect the black clip to a known good earth or to battery negative, then test for (flashing) 12 volts at the centre bulb contact, using the probe of the red lead. If nothing, then open up the connector and test for flashing 12 volts at the connector pins - the car side of course. If you don't have flashing 12 volts at the wiring connector (but you will) then you have a wiring fault. But as Dmccurtayne said, it will be connector problems or bulb holder problems. Use the multimeter to find out where you have flashing 12 volts and where you don't, that will give you your answer.
headlight works, ill will have to look up how to use the mulitmeter, it's been a while.
i would think it's not the bulb holder as i've swapped sides and doesn't fix the issue while the opposite side always works irrespective.
all blinkers (except the faulty one) work when using hazard lights.

As has been mentioned, this is an "old" defect and I offer a possible "old" solution, from Peugeotlogic:

Front indicators not workingPeugeot 307
Thank you I'll take a look at that if problem comes up again, I suspect it might be rain related. Those pictures and instructions are very well laid out.

Haven't had the problem for the last 5 days, and prior to that the blinker wasn't working for a full 2 weeks.

I did spray contact cleaner in the bulb socket as well as where the socket goes, but not sure if that "fixed" the issue because it still persisted for about one week after that.