46.9 KB · Views: 207
  • 5 T.jpg
    5 T.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 222
  • Van.jpg
    Van.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Babelfish has a few issues with the language or the Japs have a good turn of phrase. This description is a hoot:

* * * The Renault chestnut male pole V6 actual running 500Km 02y & * *

Attachments

• Chestnut male pole.jpg
    Chestnut male pole.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 223
How did you find the yellow R4 van? I tried to find it but couldn't.
Kevin.

renault8&10 said:
How did you find the yellow R4 van? I tried to find it but couldn't.
Kevin.

Hi Kevin,

I think you have to search for Renault again. Click on the "body" option - this is babelfish for manufacturer. When the window refreshes a frame will appear on the left with manufacturers listed. The translations are pretty amazing (day mullah = Daimler for example), but Renault is there towards the bottom. It currently says 86 cars. When you click on Renault it will only display some of them. On the left of the page is a search within category list that gives groupings and numbers of vehicles within the Renault section.....confusing? Anyway you work your way through those and you will get to see the lot.

The van is in the last category of vehicles, which I take to be the general category and is described as "@ ルノーフルゴネット you transfer, @ " which blind Takayama could tell you means Yellow R4 Van in Japanese.

Here is one from this morning described as "' 91 Renault cattle GTL "clan"" It is "left handle" model.

Attachments

• r4.jpg
    r4.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
I got this link from the Ausubaru forum where they were exhorting mebers to go through one of the local rice importers if they were interested in bidding. Most of those characters have agents in Japan who could arrange things. Importing would basically have to be under the 15 year rule unless locals have a licence to comply the particular model.

:dance:

Thanks Bogmaster; I found them.

They seem to have a number of R4's (LHD) from europe no doubt - very strange. That particular one was a little pricey but there were some reasonable ones there.

Any idea why so many state they will not ship overseas - is it not wanting to have to deal with non-japanese speakers or is there some tax consideration if you sell offshore? Anyone know?

There are some mouth watering renault's there for sure!!

Kevin.

renault8&10 said:
Thanks Bogmaster; I found them.

They seem to have a number of R4's (LHD) from europe no doubt - very strange. That particular one was a little pricey but there were some reasonable ones there.

Any idea why so many state they will not ship overseas - is it not wanting to have to deal with non-japanese speakers or is there some tax consideration if you sell offshore? Anyone know?

There are some mouth watering renault's there for sure!!

Kevin.

Hi Kevin,

That site is like Japanese e-bay , most of the sellers couldn't be tossed with the extra hassle is my guess.

Dealing through a rice importer like J-Spec would be the go, as the vehicle would be purchased in Japan by their agent and then the shipping bit would not be an issue. I guess the first bit would be to check out whether one of the importers would be in it, (and I can't see why not) and then start bidding.

Did you see those Alpines and r5 turbo monsters?

Lucky Luke didn't see the series 2 R25 v6 Baccara that went for 2 grand yesterday.

Last edited:
Covert has been dropping Japanese (and recently, Chinese) links into this forum for about the past year, he might have some other suggestions if people are going to take this stuff seriously...

Europa said:
Covert has been dropping Japanese (and recently, Chinese) links into this forum for about the past year, he might have some other suggestions if people are going to take this stuff seriously...[/QUOTE

If you are going to deal with an e-bay type operation like the yahoo auction, you would either have to convince the seller to ship internationally - this can be difficult enough without the language barrier, or you would need an agent to buy the vehicle in Japan on your behalf and organise the shipping as an independent operation.

There is no shortage of agents there or importers here who could arrange that for you for a price, ten minutes on Google will lead you to them. If you have the language skills and the naus to do it yourself then go for it.

You would also need to work out under which customs/trade provision you were going to import the vehicle. The "15 year" system looks the most straightforward as there aren't a lot of frog vehicles on the special interest compliancing list and the low volume import scheme just isn't viable for individuals.