RHF diesel sacrificial rockers?

dimistyle

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Wanting to know if I should save a Peugeot 308 with RHF engine from the crushers as cambelt broke and owner does not want to repair.

Any ideas welcome
Screenshot_20230311-140248~2.jpg

RHF is listed as "DW10BTED4 Euro avec FAP" 103 kW

Oh has FAP. Yes should be RHR with different tune. Will check next week
Guessing Cam belt, waterpump. Tensioners and all the rockers and possible new cam or cam wheels and a lot of frigging time due to space constraints in a 308.

well the auxiliary belt broke and caused all the damage to the timing belt, so a bit of a mess on the tensioner side. now just pricing up repair costs and justification to have another 308 in the family, low Km diesel could replace Carlo5 to have early retirement....now to also find storage space for an unregistered non runner

Hi.

The camshaft toothed drive belt is usually protected behind a cover? So did the damaged auxiliary belt break through the cover and then cause the damage to the camshaft drive belt, etc???

These are nice engine / vehicle combinations, good to drive and low fuel consumption; would be a pity to see it crushed.

Do you know how many km's on the odometer?

Cheers.

yep, went right through the cover and must have taken the tensioner out on the way as cam belt was still on but stripped teeth. The owner Mechanic didnt investigate any further but told owner rockers probably broken and maybe valves bent and to take it somewhere else hence he's selling it

186 so plenty of life left

Just like my xud9 did, same failure mode, Wreckers with 307 RHR at willawong.

ps didnt pan out, after checking the car it had 330k not 186k?? and owner not willing to budge on price. I have no storage for it but was worth the investigation anyway. Not interested in a full engine swap thanks Matt

Wonder if it had ever had a timing belt replacement ?
Hi.

We don't know.

But based on what the op has told us, it seems that the camshaft drive belt failed as a consequence of a failed ancillary belt. So a more recent cam drive belt may not have faired any better, in the same circumstances.

Cheers.

RHB ancillary belt I pulled out of my engine bay recently had done nothing for 10km after breaking ... losing A/C the big issue at that point …

Wanting to know if I should save a Peugeot 308 with RHF engine from the crushers as cambelt broke and owner does not want to repair.

Any ideas welcome View attachment 218057
If you do wreck it can I have an ISOFIX cover from the boot? They are round, black made from plastic and there are three in the boot covering the ISOFIX securing points for child seats. $5 plus postage seems generous! Thanks

If you do wreck it can I have an ISOFIX cover from the boot? They are round, black made from plastic and there are three in the boot covering the ISOFIX securing points for child seats. $5 plus postage seems generous! Thanks
You’ve been corrected before it is a top tether cover not isofix