Fellow Frogger
Hi guys

would any one with an Mi 16 be willing to tell me how many revs they are
pulling at 120ks? I've just rebuilt the head and I think the engine is working
at little less at 120 which would be great. From memory I think just under
4000rpm was 120...

Thanks

Ky

Ps please dont get a ticket on my account :)

kaiser said:
Hi guys

would any one with an Mi 16 be willing to tell me how many revs they are
pulling at 120ks? I've just rebuilt the head and I think the engine is working
at little less at 120 which would be great. From memory I think just under
4000rpm was 120...

Thanks

Ky

Ps please dont get a ticket on my account :)

I think it's 31km/h/1000RPM which is what you said. How's it all going?

Not sure wether the S16 has the same box, but I do 33kmh/100rpm in 5th. That makes 3000/100 and 4000/133.

From what i have noticed, if i rev out to 3000rpm, from 1st into 2nd, 3rd, and then 4th i will be at 60 kph. If i do the same but rev out 4000rpm, it's takes me to about 80 kph.

Haven't really had the chance to get on some open highway driving yet, so i haven't gone up to 120.. gone up to 100 on the M5, guess i could have given it a boot then, but was only within the first week of buying it.. So maybe in a couple of weeks i'll know.. Might be haeding up to the Central Coast.

Cheers.

Mitch

am i missing somthing here????
horse power has nothing to do with speed(constant speed at fixed rpm)unless you make changes in gear ratios

SAMI said:
horse power has nothing to do with speed(constant speed at fixed rpm)unless you make changes in gear ratios
Sami, I had similar thoughts, rpm @ 120kph will not be affected by work on the head, concluded a new clutch may have been fitted :question: :question:

Cheers
Chris

SAMI said:
Sami

We're not really talking about Horses, just how much an engine has to work
at a given speed. ie 4000rpm at 120km/h in 5th.

Peter

Its going really nicely, taking off smoothly and pulling nicely on the highway in 5th.
No nasty things like pistons hitting valves etc :cheers:
I've only done about 300 or so k's so its probably all still a little tight, but definitely
performing better than before (then again for the last 8 weeks I've been driving my
wife's 505 sti auto so I might have forgotten :> ).

By the way have you had a chance to have a look at the cams on your engine at
home? The more I think about it, it makes sence to get the most out of the head that I can, and the grind that we've been talking about sounds like the way to go without going overboard.

Talk to you later

Ky

We've spoken about it but haven't put pen to paper. Definitely a must though, I think there could be a market for it.

Do you have one of Owen's offset keys installed? If so, that will explain the responsiveness in 5th. I eagerly await your opinion of 5000-7000!

PeterT said:
We've spoken about it but haven't put pen to paper. Definitely a must though, I think there could be a market for it.

Do you have one of Owen's offset keys installed? If so, that will explain the responsiveness in 5th. I eagerly await your opinion of 5000-7000!

I've got the offset key. What should I be expecting @5000?? Hopefully a big wooosh :D I'll let you know soon, I'm still driving like a granny :tongue:

Do you recall how much Malcolm would charge approx for the grind? Maybe cheaper for cash and buy in bulk and save ;) I'm sure there would be a few people out there that would want one, especially when they might not have to do anything to the ECU.

Ky