RESET DASH READOUT

citpug

Tadpole
Hi all - hoping someone knows the answer to this. My 2011 308 is nearing 130,000 k's - I usually have the dash screen set to give fuel consumption and kilometres remaining with the fuel level. A week ago the kilometres remaining section displayed 9999 and won't move - I'm guessing some sort of service due reminder. Does anyone know how to reset it to the usual readout - mainly get rid of the 9999 ?

If you're talking about the trip meter then I can tell you from experience on our C5s and C4s that the trip meters will only go to 9999. You need to reset them. On our cars we dial the left steering wheel hub wheel until the dash displays the trip meter we want to reset, then push and hold that dial for about 3 seconds. The trip meter will then zero.

It will be explained in your handbook. If you haven't got one you should be able to download one from peugeot.com website.

If you're talking about the trip meter then I can tell you from experience on our C5s and C4s that the trip meters will only go to 9999. You need to reset them. On our cars we dial the left steering wheel hub wheel until the dash displays the trip meter we want to reset, then push and hold that dial for about 3 seconds. The trip meter will then zero.

It will be explained in your handbook. If you haven't got one you should be able to download one from peugeot.com website.
Thanks mate but not the trip meter - I know how to work that. I mean the display that counts down the kilometres left as the fuel is used. Normally starts around 850 when tank is filled and goes down with the mileage depending on city / highway etc. I usually top up when it gets down to 250 ish. But this was on 400 k's and suddenly just displayed 9999 and has stayed that way. I'm guessing it's linked to the 130,000 k service which is almost due.

Thanks mate but not the trip meter - I know how to work that. I mean the display that counts down the kilometres left as the fuel is used. Normally starts around 850 when tank is filled and goes down with the mileage depending on city / highway etc. I usually top up when it gets down to 250 ish. But this was on 400 k's and suddenly just displayed 9999 and has stayed that way. I'm guessing it's linked to the 130,000 k service which is almost due.
Weird!

Ignition on accessories and press the button on the end of the wiper stalk or something like that, moon has to align with Venus and tongue out. The 3 little tabs at the bottom move.... haven't done it for a while but wife and daughter seem to somehow change it. Trial and error

Ignition on accessories and press the button on the end of the wiper stalk or something like that, moon has to align with Venus and tongue out. The 3 little tabs at the bottom move.... haven't done it for a while but wife and daughter seem to somehow change it. Trial and error
Thanks mate - I'll give it a shot tomorrow and let you know - cheers

Oooh this sounds familiar. I had a 2007 307. Unfortunately I haven't owned it since 2017 and I can't remember. But I don't think it's a fault, you have accidentally changed a setting of the display.
Have you got the owners manual? Work methodically through the section on the displays. From vague memory on the 307 the section of the manual was rather confusing, work through it slowly and carefully. I suspect you are in one of the two trip computers. Make sure the display shows a small picture of an arrow pointing to a petrol pump - that is distance to empty.

Likely to be either repeatedly pressing in, or holding in, the little button on the end of the wiper stalk, though I do remember having to muck around with the menu button on the radio controls to change the display at times, too. Sorry I can't be more definite.

Hi all - hoping someone knows the answer to this. My 2011 308 is nearing 130,000 k's - I usually have the dash screen set to give fuel consumption and kilometres remaining with the fuel level. A week ago the kilometres remaining section displayed 9999 and won't move - I'm guessing some sort of service due reminder. Does anyone know how to reset it to the usual readout - mainly get rid of the 9999 ?
Probably not service due, that's indicated by an open ended spanner.
Is this 9999 on the Multifunction screen or between speedo and tacho?
Check the icon next to the 9999, is it a bowser to right of car, or a sign post to left of car?
Press tip of wiper stalk to cycle through the display options, I'm guessing trip 1 or trip 2 will show 9999, press tip for 2 seconds to reset to zero.

Forgot to try it until I was driving - pressed the button on the end of the wiper stalk and it worked a treat - thanks.