Reputable spare parts source for Mi16

James Francis

Tadpole
Is there anywhere in Australia or New Zealand, or overseas, that you would trust for getting spares for an Mi16? I've just bought a 1994 which has been looked after within an inch of its life (lucky I am) but it does need some parts - gaskets mostly and a fuel pressure regulator. When I look at some of the places online - 'eurospares are us dot com' I'm not filled with confidence. All or any help appreciated.

As much as I've enjoyed a very long relationship with EAI, they are, unfortunately, getting out of earlier models such as 205 and 405. More recently, I've been buying bearings, engine parts and gaskets from the UK, because they just haven't been available locally. Pug1off and Spoox are my go to's at the moment. Sad, but true.

As much as I've enjoyed a very long relationship with EAI, they are, unfortunately, getting out of earlier models such as 205 and 405. More recently, I've been buying bearings, engine parts and gaskets from the UK, because they just haven't been available locally. Pug1off and Spoox are my go to's at the moment. Sad, but true.
Thanks, Peter. Much appreciated.

De Graaf / CTA Services do list selected parts, but the freight can add up. Note the heavily discounted 'DG Outet' parts.

Citroen and Peugeot dealers may still be able to get some parts. Assuming I picked the correct engine/image, the fuel regulator is still available as part# 198505, which appears to be common to 306, 406, 605 and others. Most gaskets are NFP (=NLA). The rocker / head cover gasket may be available though.

eBay can turn up a variety of parts too.

1632559548772.png

1632560013642.png

De Graaf / CTA Services do list selected parts, but the freight can add up. Note the heavily discounted 'DG Outet' parts.

Citroen and Peugeot dealers may still be able to get some parts. Assuming I picked the correct engine/image, the fuel regulator is still available as part# 198505, which appears to be common to 306, 406, 605 and others. Most gaskets are NFP (=NLA). The rocker / head cover gasket may be available though.

eBay can turn up a variety of parts too.

View attachment 136765

View attachment 136766
Brilliant. Thanks, David. That's just what I need.

Being a ‘94 it would be 2 litre. if it’s drivetrain related, you might find the N3 306 S16 shares many similar parts.

Fuel pressure regulators are a generic Bosch product. Same as most VW golfs. I would try EFI hardware in Melbourne for a regulator.

Have found Spareto.com cheap, they have pretty good stock and are easy to deal with.

The Bosch fuel regulator for Pug part number 1985 05 is here https://spareto.com/products/bosch-control-valve-fuel-pressure/0-280-160-560 and the rocker gasket is https://spareto.com/products/elring-gasket-cylinder-head-cover/156-680. Both are in stock and come to less than 30 euros. Shipped as just the two items it would add another 20 euros. Might not make sense as just two items but the smart thing to do is buy filters, plugs, gaskets, bushings etc in one order as additional items (unless they are large and/or heavy) won't add much, if anything, to the freight costs.

As they use DHL for freight prices are very reasonable, its delivered quickly (generally less than a week from order in Estonia to delivered here) and unlike Fedex they don't sting you for import and other clearance fees on arrival into the country. Have ordered various parts in more than a dozen orders and yet to have an issue

Here is a question do they have the oil spray bar in the head? Otherwise I will have to get very creative.

Nice find too btw.

Have found Spareto.com cheap, they have pretty good stock and are easy to deal with.

The Bosch fuel regulator for Pug part number 1985 05 is here https://spareto.com/products/bosch-control-valve-fuel-pressure/0-280-160-560 and the rocker gasket is https://spareto.com/products/elring-gasket-cylinder-head-cover/156-680. Both are in stock and come to less than 30 euros. Shipped as just the two items it would add another 20 euros. Might not make sense as just two items but the smart thing to do is buy filters, plugs, gaskets, bushings etc in one order as additional items (unless they are large and/or heavy) won't add much, if anything, to the freight costs.

As they use DHL for freight prices are very reasonable, its delivered quickly (generally less than a week from order in Estonia to delivered here) and unlike Fedex they don't sting you for import and other clearance fees on arrival into the country. Have ordered various parts in more than a dozen orders and yet to have an issue
That's a good find. Bookmarked. Many thanks.

Fair enough, it was a spurious question. Happy to whatever is required to fix the one I have.

If anyone is interested I have more than one S1 Mi16 block fitted with pistons liners and crankshafts available.