Replacement key - 308 T7

natumbri

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Tadpole
Hi,

I've lost (/my 18 month old has stolen and hidden) my second key/remote for my 308 SW (and my spare key for the 306, but that's less of a hassle, having no electronics inside).

Any preferred options for replacing (Melbourne)? If nobody has a better suggestion, I'm going to try this mob:

Cheers
Nik

you still need to get the blade cut and then the new chip programmed to suit. if you have the original non remote key, blade can be copied its the programming of the new key that will be a bit more difficult. As the locksmith if the can clone the original and new to save programming.

If can't be cloned then you need someone with PP2000 and the original key code to program

Thanks - yeah, there do seem to be a few steps.

That onlinecarkeystore place say they can cut and program too (for a fee) as long as you have a working key. I still have my original Peugeot remote key, so I might give them a go.

I just went to a generic key cutter/programmer sole operator and had no problem.
Previously used Mister Minit for another (non french) car also no problem.
As Dimi said, you still need the physical key cut. $95 is very cheap to have it all done so it seems to me its just the circuit board. It cost me $149 for cut and program and the work is guaranteed for 12months. Mister Minit is over $200

oh...i did a replacement for the daughters 308 with a new remote with blade cut $22 thanks to Aliexpress, programmed it myself. Previous spare 308 key was $95 for the a cut only, I supplied a blank blade, always need a spare.