Replace Air Flap Plastic Gears with Brass Gears Peugeots 405 - 406 - 605 - 106

The Fixer

Fellow Frogger
The previous post about the Brass Gears, I have found out that, that site has closed down.
The new site is http://xrms.free.fr/montage_engrenages_climatisation.html
NOTE: There are underlines between montage & engrenages & climatisation!!!!!
Then click on : REPLACEMENT DES ENGRENAGES PLASTIQUES DES....FREE
That will take you to the add with pictures and instructions of the procedures.
The brass gears cost 55 Euros with 6.90 Euros postage. Xavier (the seller) will only accept payment in Euros.
It took 9 days from the day he posted the parcel, for mine to arrive at Port Macquarie, NSW.
The unit is now working and should outlast the rest of the car.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Check out your URL. There is a server at free.fr, but it won't connect on port 80 to xrms.free.fr
There's an uncommunicative alias.

Hi there bshould have been an underscore between montage_engrenages_climatisation
Sorry for the delay but have been away.

That's what I said up there. He's stlll not at home. To read it, use the Google cache. The wayback machine doesn't have it.

Fixer, I fixed it yonks back.

Either the author has lost his account, or his hosting server won't permit a connection to some IP ranges. A French proxy doesn't connect, so probably the former. For the time being it looks as though we need the cache.

Downforeveryoneorjustme thinks it is up, but that may refer to free.fr, an ISP.

Can you see it? If so, who is your ISP?

PS It used to get 689 visits per month, from links in car forums. There was also some stuff on Solex carbies.
dig produces:
xrms.free.fr. 1901 IN CNAME perso153-g5.free.fr.
perso153-g5.free.fr. 50190 IN A 212.27.63.153

PPS I can get directory listings for his photo gallery, videos etc, but the server won't download any file there.

PPPS This gets weird, I got to the site using an o/seas VPN via the above listing! (Not the front door). This time the server replied. It's quite a good site so I printed it to pdf.

Last edited:
what's so special about these gears, couldn't you modify ones from model trains or slot cars? Those radio controlled petrol cars are pretty big, gears should drive a flap.

For some reason the correct web page has not been written>
Here it is with gaps so that it appears right all you have to do is illiminate the gaps.
http://xrms.free.fr/montage _ engrenages _ climatisation.html

Guys....have you even clicked on my url that does work?
What's missing is...motoreducteur_......sandwiched between engrenages and climatisation

mandc, if you can see it directly, please tell us your ISP.

The front door (xrms.free.fr) certainly is restricted. It won't even reply to me, even when I used a proxy. To get in, I had to find a page whose URL is below root and enter from a European IP (see above). The server may have a large range of IPs banned. Here is curl, after several minutes timeout:

$ curl -v -I http://xrms.free.fr/montage_engrenages_motoreducteur_climatisation.html

* About to connect() to xrms.free.fr port 80 (#0)
* Trying 212.27.63.153... Connection timed out
* couldn't connect to host
* Closing connection #0
curl: (7) couldn't connect to host

Here's a development - Opera with the Turbo feature enabled can see it.

(It enters the site using Opera's proxy server, and returns it to you compressed, for your browser to uncompress and display).

PS Quality illustrations, such as this:
Screenshot-6.jpg

Last edited:
Can see it on win7 using chrome from telstra isp and macbook using chrome from another telstra isp.

Sorry guys...didn't realise some were still getting problems with the url I posted

ps...just tried IE and that is ok as well