Rendezvous

Dr_Pug

Fellow Frogger
Not exactly a french car

Its the actual movie of a ferrari racing around the street of paris in the early 80s. The movie was banned then resurfaced a few years back.

Film goes for 8 mins, quicktime required for viewing, file size approx 30 megs

http://www.archive.org/download/RendezVous/rendezvous.mov

Use right click save as target, works best with a download accelerator.

Its worth a watch if you wanna see n old ferrari being fanged :roflmao:

This is actually a Renault 5 with a soundtrack folks...Keep it french :headbang:

I checked out Pitstop Bookshop over a year ago before I bought it.
At the time they had none in stock and would you believe the purchase would have been more expensive (& taken longer) than going through the distributors in the UK. It took a week for delivery into my "snail-mail" letterbox.
Although at first glance it may seem expensive for a 9 minute film, the amount of times I and friends have watched it has proven well worthwhile,
whichever way you purchase it.
If you've ever been to Paris it only makes this film so much the better.
This is real and not a hollywood special effects excersise.

It could never happen in this day, in this "pollitically correct" sunburnt country of ours!

Marc

and that is a royal shame :(

recon we could have.. la revolution? maybe not quite Les Miserarbles style.. but similar none the less :tongue:

Une revolution, what a brilliant idea !

Do I reckon we could have one?
Highly unlikely, the thought police would be onto it in a flash.
In a flash new commodore that is, rolling up your driveway :nownow:
They have lots of new powers ya' know.
Besides, uncle sam would be here in a jiffy to back 'em up :mad:
They don't seem to realise that Frogs are highly sensitive to environmental degradation.

Regardless, it's still a brilliant idea :wink2:

Vive la revolution mate & seeya'

Marc

:headbang: :D

on another note.. i wonder just how many pigeons were hurted, maimed injured in the making :tongue:

bowie said:
:headbang: :D

on another note.. i wonder just how many pigeons were hurted, maimed injured in the making :tongue:

No one will ever know I guess, (none I hope).
Pigeons/Poulets belong to the same family, ya' know?
Just remember, "feeding the pigeons" & "feeding the poulets" has very different connotations attached.
What else can I say ?

Oh yes -
fortunately no homosapiens were harmed in the making of this film.

:mallet:

Marc

evorobin said:
This is actually a Renault 5 with a soundtrack folks...Keep it french :headbang:

Check out the scenery!

How much more French would you like it?

Maybe a 2CV perhaps.

We could rename it -
"Rendevous without the adrenalin" :violin:

hehehe

Marcmarc

Supposedly a Ferrari 275 GTB. The sound is out of sync with the picture at times.

Apparently it is former F1 driver Maurice Trintignant, who passed away earlier this year.

I dont care who is driving - he has balls the size of King Kong!!!

Sooo many times he has the potential for a seriously fatal crash, but luck is on his side all the way. That one section on that long lefthander on dark streets one lane wide had me wincing the whole way, just waiting for a car to pull out or someone step out - they would be toast at those speeds.

Wow, and likewise wow!! All in a 60s vintage Ferarri on skinny 14 inch tyres. Wow.

The sound is glorious, you can even hear the gearbox loading up with each upchange. Bloody amazing all round. Seriously bloody stupid too....

Just downloaded and watched this.
Fantastic, love the sound of that engine :headbang:

C’ Était Un Rendezvous by claude lelouch

an underground film in paris of the alleged ferrari 275 gtb driven by a anonymous famous f1 driver. there are no special effects, no speeding up of the film or blocking off the streets. the renowned french director lelouch mounted a camera on the front of his ferrari (so the rumour goes) and then drove flat out through the streets of early morning paris, running red lights, dodging trucks, cars & pedestrians and racing down the champs elysees at over 100mph.

a quite literally death-defying drive through the streets of a beautiful 70s paris with a striking twist at the journeys end. the ‘soundtrack’ is just as pure – the brutal wail of the engine, squealing tires and the roar of the exhaust.

c'est la vie...

e.sport :eek: