Renault tractor

Not many tractor deaths now, most have heavy front drive axles so don't flip as easily, safety cabs and ROPs make them safer, some people still roll round bales down the forks of a FEL, a windmill being carried on a FEL under a power line arced, two killed, always something. The quad bike has replaced them as the most dangerous farm machine. Those grey Fergies were easy to tip.
mine would be easy to tip. You think "how could this ever happen ?" ... well you get thrown back slightly and can't depress the clutch. That is also why jetskis and most motorbikes these days have thumb throttles. If they are tipping over you can't release the accellerator if its a "twist" throttle. with a thumb throttle you can let if off while hanging on and being thrown backwards.

A bunch of 2 cyl chamberins were sold at Dalby a couple of weeks ago. The 53 Light 15 went for $5,500 so I'd expect prices would be a bit steep. I have a '50 TE 20 diesel my grandfather bought at commonwealth auction about 1965, so I'll stick with my pommie tractor and my French cars!

The other tractor is a 135 with front end loader and it's great for shifting sulking Citroens!

Going on nothing more than the list of applications for a French 203 fan belt I once bought, the 203 motor was used in some of the French TEA's.
The Babiole was the French tractor with the 203 motor. Never heard of one here.

Attachments

• 7813992050_2155f3398d_b.jpg
    7813992050_2155f3398d_b.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 142
Here is an auction with two old Renault tractors. Both the same model. You would need to buy both to make one, I suggest. The rougher looking one (lot 212) has 3 point linkage, the less rough looking one (lot 258) is drawbar only. Location, Banyena Victoria, east of Horsham on the Wimmera plains. Timing middle of November. Collect by 25 November.

https://auctionsplus.com.au/auction...e-tractor-and-engine-online-sale-part-1/87011

It is one of 4 auctions on the same property. Clearly a serious collector but not a restorer, it looks like nothing goes.

There have already been 5 auctions of small collectible stuff.

It's on Auctions Plus, which is designed for livestock but has pivoted to machinery and equipment in the pandemic. You have to register, but I think you can register now without doing the full livestock buyer training. Early registration advised in case you strike problems.

it's addictive! I just bought a couple of lots near Mildura today.

Roger

Jeremy Clarkson Discovers a Problem with His Lamborghini Tractor | Clarkson's Farm | The Grand Tour​

That show is actually really interesting if you watch it ( you'll have to be subscribed to amazon prime). It sounds like when the UK government remove the farming subsities over there .... pretty all farms will go under.

Here is an auction with two old Renault tractors. Both the same model. You would need to buy both to make one, I suggest. The rougher looking one (lot 212) has 3 point linkage, the less rough looking one (lot 258) is drawbar only. Location, Banyena Victoria, east of Horsham on the Wimmera plains. Timing middle of November. Collect by 25 November.

https://auctionsplus.com.au/auctions/machinery/elders-horsham--pipkorn’s-vintage-tractor-and-engine-online-sale-part-1/87011

It is one of 4 auctions on the same property. Clearly a serious collector but not a restorer, it looks like nothing goes.

It's on Auctions Plus, which is designed for livestock but has pivoted to machinery and equipment in the pandemic. You have to register, but I think you can register now without doing the full livestock buyer training. Early registration advised in case you strike problems.

Roger

Bustamif - these two Renault tractors (both R3042 models) are the same as the one that was advertised at Lake Goldsmith back in May 2021 which is still for sale (see earlier Post/photo/phone numbers) by Bob dated May 2 2021. I had a look at the one advertised at Lake Goldsmith as it is actually located up the road from me just outside Ballarat and has the same basic motor as my 1951 Colorale ute. Owner is keen to see it go to someone who will restore it. You could have three to play with.

David

Well, I have a big shed but it's full. Pending the sale of a car or two, what I need is a wealthy patron who would like to support the art of old Renault tractor restoration.

https://auctionsplus.com.au/auctions/machinery/elders-horsham--pipkorn’s-vintage-tractor-and-engine-online-sale-part-1/87011

Roger

I bet that auction is bid on from around the world. Don't most Bulldogs these days head back overseas ?

Was there ever a point at which, if we found you one, you would have bought it?

Roger

Yes, you may have noticed that many plans have been delayed due to lockdowns, border restrictions and general disruption of normal life due to COVID-19.

I intend to press on again when I find a genuine buyer for the Lotus. If I miss out on those tractors, due to someone else jumping in, then so be it.

I hope you effect a sale.

The two tractors I mentioned will be up for auction in mid November. Who knows whether they will sell. It likely depends on the reserve prices. But you donb't see Renault tractors come up for sale often.

Roger

Same ones?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1634797788257.jpg
    FB_IMG_1634797788257.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 132
Bustamif - these two Renault tractors (both R3042 models) are the same as the one that was advertised at Lake Goldsmith back in May 2021 which is still for sale (see earlier Post/photo/phone numbers) by Bob dated May 2 2021. I had a look at the one advertised at Lake Goldsmith as it is actually located up the road from me just outside Ballarat and has the same basic motor as my 1951 Colorale ute. Owner is keen to see it go to someone who will restore it. You could have three to play with.

David
What are the basic specs for a Colorale ute engine ? I may have to talk to you about the pros and cons of proceeding with such a restoration