• Tapatalk and Mobile iOS/ Android APPs no longer supported on aussiefrogs.com. Please delete on your device. Use the web interface instead.

Renault R8/10 dual master replacement

manicgt

I have a friend who installed a Kangoo dual master as a replacement unit into his Manic car . The Kangoo master was listed as a direct replacement for the R8/10 dual circuit unit . How ever after a short trip the 4 wheels are starting to lock up once brakes warm up if left to cool off they work alright again until warmed up again ?? I have my own thoughts on this but would be interested to hear if any others have had similar experiences ?? I did not inspect the car myself since it was a Manic forum question to be resolved and I live 12 hours away from the car .

Any thought would be appreciated !!

stay well

Manic gt

1620137155000.png

Frans

1000+ Posts
Hi Manicgt,

Two things, If the flexible brake lines are old, they will be swollen inside and then the pressure with the pedal will force the fluid easily to the calipers because of the leverage you have on the pedal, but when the pedal is released, there is no pressure to return the fluid. The flexible lines acts as a non-return valve.

The other reason is play between the pedal and the piston. The pedal must have a return spring to return it to a stop everytime and then there has to be a small gap between the pedal and piston. The piston must stop against the circlip at the back. It can be checked by removing the dust cover. This will open the small (1mm) hole to allow the fluid to be released back into the reservoir and release the pressure from the caliper.

Regards, Frans.

manicgt

Hi Manicgt,

Two things, If the flexible brake lines are old, they will be swollen inside and then the pressure with the pedal will force the fluid easily to the calipers because of
Owner stated he had all new flex lines had been installed and said that the kangoo in picture above must be for the R8/10 ?? I questioned him if the Kangoo masters where for disc brakes only from what I have seen they also used drum brakes in the rear which means residual check valves in system for the rear wheel cylinders ??
I will pass on the info about proper adjustment but why only when system has been subjected to a few brake stops I would have thought that out of adjustment should have immediate effects ???

Any more thoughts would be appreciated some where out there there must be a solution !!!

thanks for input .

Manic gt

JohnW

Too many posts!
Same thought - I wonder whether the Kangoo MC has an internal valve that retains line pressure for rear drum brakes.

jyl

This is a replacement for the Alpine A110 system (dual master cylinder), bore is about 19 mm, so destined for small calipers (38 & 32mm), or modified combination of 38 & 38, 48 & 32, 48 & 38mm).

dacia4x4

Owner stated he had all new flex lines had been installed and said that the kangoo in picture above must be for the R8/10 ?? I questioned him if the Kangoo masters where for disc brakes only from what I have seen they also used drum brakes in the rear which means residual check valves in system for the rear wheel cylinders ??
I will pass on the info about proper adjustment but why only when system has been subjected to a few brake stops I would have thought that out of adjustment should have immediate effects ???

Any more thoughts would be appreciated some where out there there must be a solution !!!

thanks for input .

Manic gt
yeah manic I would be dismantling and remove residual line pressure valve which should solve your problem of pressure build up over a few applications and heating up of fluid/pads.obvious push rod adjustment as previously suggested could be checked before removal..... jim

manicgt

I have past all info on hope they get back to me on what they find .

Thanks every one for input !!

manic GT

philipjh

We had a similar problem on a Mazda 626 many years ago.

The problem was the brake booster being faulty and as the engine warmed it acted to apply and lock the brakes.

You can easily check by disconnecting the hose to the brake booster from the engine manifold.

The brakes will still work, just need a bit more foot pressure.