Renault R19 (1991) Chamade Gearbox Needed

Archie_Moses

Fellow Frogger
Hi,
I am trying to locate a gearbox for a Renault 19 (1991) Chamade ( Auto ) - can anyone point me in the right direction to locate a second hand box ?

Regards

Last edited:
Archie_Moses said:
Hi,
I am trying to locate a gearbox for a Renault 19 (1991) Chamade ( Auto ) - can anyone point me in the right direction to locate a second hand box ?

Regards

Broken crown wheel or no drive in reverse! Another dead 19 automatic!

No idea where you are located, but try French Connection in Melbourne, 38 King St Airport West 3042 Phone (03) 9338 8191 Fax (03) 9335 4002.

Otherwise they are obtainable as an exchange unit through your friendly Renault dealer who will relieve your pocket to the tune of $2.5-3K.

Be warned though, the non functioning 19 auto trans is a very common fault. Buying something unknown from a non reputable wrecker could have the same problem.

What makes the R19 so prone to automatic gearbox problems? I was talking to a technician today who worked at a Volvo/Renault dealer back in the '90s and he said they replaced a few auto boxes in the R19 at 15,000km! He said the Laguna was a great car, but I seemed to get the impression the R19 was a bit of a trouble maker :)

What are they made of? Did they get all those R19 gearbox factory workers to build COM2000s 10 years later?

Call Manuel Automatics in Thomastown, Victoria. They know what they are talking about, are friendly and will proabably have a changeover unit on the shelf.

Haakon said:
Call Manuel Automatics in Thomastown, Victoria. They know what they are talking about, are friendly...
Archie (on phone to above): Hi; I was wondering if you had an exchange auto transmission for a Renault R19?

Proprietor: Qué?

Archie: Ahhh...I said - I was wondering if you had an exchange auto transmission for a Renault R19?

Proprietor: Qué? Ahhhhh...Si! Si! (proudly) I know NOTH-ING...........NOTH-ING. I know noth-ing!

Stuey (who got Fawlty Towers DVD set for Xmas...)