RENAULT R12 S/W ONE OWNER

David Cavanagh

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
We are selling this wonderful old Renault on behalf of the elderly owner. She bought it as a demo model in 1976 and had driven and loved it ever since.
She is so passionate about it she has documented every cent ever spent on it. Every service, every oil change is documented and presented on a spreadsheet.
This is a very honest car, nothing is covered up or hidden, it's never been crashed but it was backed into when it was new and the insurance company repaired it. Both front mud guards were replaced to fix small rust patches, they were not repaired but replaced with brand new parts, that's how fussy she is.
The engine was rebuilt less than 100,000kms ago.
The car has done an amazing 488,000kms and to look at it you'd never know.
ABSOLUTELY NO RUST. It's always been garaged.

She stopped driving it about 10 years ago because her arthritis was making it to hard to drive manual so instead of selling it she joined the Renault Car Club of Victoria and put it on club plates so she could keep it and drive it occasionally.

These old cars do not have the extra digit on the odometer so you'd never know the kms if we weren't honest and tell you. The wsy it looks and drives you would think the 88,000 showing was genuine.

Asking price is $9500
It was sold to a lady in Newcastle who said she would come down on the weekend to get it. But she hasn't replied to any of my phone calls and hasn't paid a deposit so I fear she's gone cold.

To show how fussy the owner is. When I told her the Newcastle lady want's to drive it home she insisted I fit brand new tires because the old ones, although roadworthy are about 12 years old and she couldn't live with herself if anything happened. So it's in getting new tires fitted right now.

Attachments

• R12 1.jpg
    R12 1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 245
  • R12 2.jpg
    R12 2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 246
  • R12 3.jpg
    R12 3.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 244
  • R12 4.jpg
    R12 4.jpg