Renault Koleos 2012 94k kms, good condition available

Renno #9

Tadpole
I’m trading in my much loved 2wd Koleos Privelige on a new vehicle. As you can imagine, the trade in price is very poor, so I’d be happy to pass this lovely vehicle onto someone who could use it, for a slightly better consideration than the dealer is offering. White, full service history - even changed the CVT fluid twice, renewed brakes recently, Michelin Primacy tyres in good nick, leather seats, couple of corner scratches. No bingles. Cargo barrier fitted, reversing camera and possibly the fitted dual dash cam. New car is due in a few weeks. Not planning to put it on one of the sales sites. It’s an MY2011 (Nov 2011 -first registered Jan 2012) H45 - PHASE 2 model. Online similars want $15k and up (dealer and private) I’m offered $8k at dealer (they have to make a living) - make me an offer. Located in Victoria- Melb/Surf Coast.

Hi Renno #9, welcome to the forum. I'm afraid that you will struggle to get much more than $7-8K for your car. I advise you to take the trade in of $8000 offered as that is generous. I have a fine 2014 Koleos 2wd Koleos Bose with all the bells and whistles, with only 64Kkm on the dial, and am hoping to get around $10 grand if I am lucky. The fact of life is that Renault passenger cars are not very much in demand, especially dated models beyond the ten year mark, more so since Renault withdrew from the Australian market. To use an expression from the show 'Million Dollar Minute': TAKE THE MONEY! While it is being offered. PS: I would like to hear other opinions here if possible.

Bretie, Thanks for your thoughts - spot on I think. Drilling down with the dealer, it’s actually only $5500 for the Koleos, the rest is ‘discount’ and included accessories. Still, I‘m inclined (lazy) to ‘take the money’. Looking at Carsales, some of those Renaults have been listed for a long time. By the time I get a Vic RWC and pay for that, I’d need a sale in the next two to three weeks. Going to miss the Koleos, never had a car this long, and still love it. The new car misses some of things we enjoy - auto park brake, super comfy leather seats, chilled glovebox, the CVT ( we are getting a 6 spd auto - it’s OK, but the changes are noticeable unlike the silky smooth CVT). And a space saver spare - grrr. Why - we are restricted by the size of our daily parking spaces. An extra few inches is too much, and most mid size SUVs have grown lately. But overall we want some of the newer driver aids, esp rear cross traffic, speed sign recognition etc etc. Not to mention a new car peace of mind warranty - not that anything has ever gone wrong with the Kollie!
If the new car doesn’t work out I might come knocking re yours! BTW, Dec 2019, a certain Renault dealer offered me
$10k on a new Koleos Intens with 10km on clock. He rang me after I rejected $6k. We decided the earlier model was better equipped and did nothing. Done very few k’s since! Ha Ha!
Shame about Renault’s withdrawal - did you know they used to assemble them in Heidelberg way back? Great cars, as my handle says - this was #9. Plus 5 Citroens and a few Peugeots. Back to Dullsville now.

Renno #9, thank you for your comprehensive response. You have obviously researched this thoroughly. Like you, and many others, I like Renaults, and especially my super reliable and comfy Koleos, and know that they are very good and desirable cars, but alas, the problem has always been dealer back-up and service, especially in Brisbane where there are none. We have to go to a multi make dealer and the closest we get is Nissan, and I personally have suffered some shocking experiences. My son was up for a new car recently and liked the new Koleos, but alas I talked him into a KIA Sportage because the back-up for Renault is just not available. Sad really.

Renno #9, thank you for your comprehensive response. You have obviously researched this thoroughly. Like you, and many others, I like Renaults, and especially my super reliable and comfy Koleos, and know that they are very good and desirable cars, but alas, the problem has always been dealer back-up and service, especially in Brisbane where there are none. We have to go to a multi make dealer and the closest we get is Nissan, and I personally have suffered some shocking experiences. My son was up for a new car recently and liked the new Koleos, but alas I talked him into a KIA Sportage because the back-up for Renault is just not available. Sad really.
Liked the Sportage, but settled on Mazda CX-5 as it almost identical size to the Kollie, surprised at the discount in current climate. It’s on the water from Japan and delivery expected in two weeks.

We have to go to a multi make dealer and the closest we get is Nissan……….
Unles it is to asses a warrantee claim, you are under no such obligation.

Liked the Sportage, but settled on Mazda CX-5 as it almost identical size to the Kollie, surprised at the discount in current climate. It’s on the water from Japan and delivery expected in two weeks.
Out in the new Mazda today I pulled up at the lights only to see my beloved Kollie opposite, so it is likely still local. Hope it’s new owner loves it as much as I did. I miss the chilled glove box, and the silky smooth CVT. The 6 speed Mazda box is competent but no match for smoothness.