Renault Fregate..

HI, there's a Frigate in Dad's collection. Its been outside. Rear wheels were jamming when we moved it yesterday. See it at Youtube

cheers Hamish
Probably just stuck handbrake. It looks like a 1954 to me. Also looks complete and even has both bumpers and original top radiator hose.

Looks in better shape than the white/red Adelaide one!
I have it on good authority the Adelaide car is in Perth getting the works and will emerge as possibly the best of the, now four, road-going Fregates in the country. What is it about the west and the quality of their cars..? :renault:

Last edited:
So did anyone end up with this Fregate, what's the go? It looks to be in good nick, people want to know.

1659565949043.png

I just lurv driving my Fregate, mostly as a shopping trolley. It attracts a pretty fair mix of admirers and rubberneckers and to my surprise there are some people who actually know what it is. One young fella from NZ says his father had one not so long ago.
The car really stands out in city traffic too..for all the right reasons in case you were wondering.:rolleyes:

IMG_1457a.jpg

Last edited:
I'm thinking I'll put my Fregate up for sale later this year to make way for other vehicles but if I can't get sufficient interest it might be time to customise the ol'girl. I like this version.

1679644892185.png