Renault Fregate..

Don't know if this article helps or not?
It does indicate Fregate production was moved from Billancourt to Flins in Oct '52.

In 1959 Princess Grace of Monaco visited Paris. Naturally she had a stretched Fregate limo for the tour. Beat that Liz.

dd.png
Uncctitled.png

a.png

RK-00-01 RENAULT Frégate Caravelle Berline 1954​

This poor Frégate was damaged by a rescue boat during the 1960 flood in Tuindorp Oostzaan, Amsterdam. Tuindorp Oostzaan is a suburb below sea level, developed in 1920.
Picture is taken shortly after the water had disappeared and all damage at houses and other belongings could be examined.
The maximum water level can be seen by the darker bricks of the houses (about 1.6 m).

View attachment 230321

RK-00-01 RENAULT Frégate Caravelle Berline 1954​

This poor Frégate was damaged by a rescue boat during the 1960 flood in Tuindorp Oostzaan, Amsterdam. Tuindorp Oostzaan is a suburb below sea level, developed in 1920.​

Picture is taken shortly after the water had disappeared and all damage at houses and other belongings could be examined.​

The maximum water level can be seen by the darker bricks of the houses (about 1.6 m).​

Lucky they didn't have any electronics. You could probably repair that. You could, not me!!

Sure you could repair it and fit a new windscreen but good luck getting the sunroof to function and not leak. Perhaps they leaked from factory any.

Sure you could repair it and fit a new windscreen but good luck getting the sunroof to function and not leak. Perhaps they leaked from factory any.
I'd think they leaked after a while anyway - the issue with the metal ones, I think, is keeping the drainage channels unblocked.

If any Fregate owner needs to access an original manual for the R1100 or the R1101 then I have one. It is an elaborate manual with the Illustrations and the text separated. I spent many hours delving through it with my first car - a 1956 new solitaire blue Amiral R1101 with the 2141 cc engine. It was a real learning experience as the car was usually in the garage on a weekend for a variety of reasons. I also have copies of the repair manual for the Fregate R1103, Caravelle R1102 and the Domaine R1103. If you need access to that then let me know and I may be able to send you copies of the relevant sections