Renault Dauphine

Leigh Wilson

Fellow Frogger
This afternoon loungelizzarding, I was watching a repeat (Black and White version) of 'I Dream of Jeannie'. I was about to give it the flick, because American TV is not my thing, when lo and behold, an introductory scene down the street where Captain ??? lives, was a beautiful, brand new Renault Dauphine. The show must have had a cultured director! I had to keep watching incase there was a close up of it.

Stuey,

This is just a guess, but I think Leigh was referring to close-up of the Dauphine, not Barbara Eden although either prospect wouldn’t be unpleasant.
I guess this fall into the 'Why is a Car Better Than a Woman' category.
Now, some 30 odd years after I Dream of Jeannie was firmed, Barbara Eden doesn't look quite the same but the Dauphine does (assuming it survived).
If the Dauphine has picked up some scrapes and rust over the years, you can put it right with some bodywork and a coat of paint and you'll probably get another 30 years out of it.
Doing some 'bodywork' on Barbara Eden might sound like fun but I bet you don't get another 30 years for your efforts.
Guess we better stick to re-runs of I Dream of Jeannie and look at Barbara in her prime.

Ren
cheers!

and remember what Confucius say :"man under Dauphine with tool in hand not necessarily mechanic" cheers!

<small>[ 26 September 2002, 08:00 AM: Message edited by: BogMaster ]</small>

I think the dauphine is quite a nice Little ragtop Renault.

I think the dauphine is quite a nice Little ragtop Renault
Dauphine, rag-top?? I thought all Dauphines were sedans and the Caravelles and Florides were the convertables question

Ren
cheers!

Mr Bogmaster, I'm not sure that your freudian slip specifically referred the French word Dauphine meaning 'Princess'. However, many missionaries may take offence at the relationship. This is a perspective that I do not wish to develop! Dauphines are beautiful little cars!!!

Sorry I meant floride "nice little ragtop" ,dauphine just a nice little car.