renault 8 Gordini

I forgot to mention they have a "DANGEL KIT" listed.

Craig, Simon do you know what they are referring to at 243 Euro for the kit?

As for door seals, try to source them locally, that way you can see what you are getting. I got mine from Mecaparts direct, and while I'm happy with the windscreen seals, the door seals were not a continuous length. There was a join in the middle, both ends being of a different pattern.

Five speeds in 8G's. You really can't go past one, anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves. They really have a wonderful spacing of ratio's without the humungous gap between 2nd/3rd in the four speed, the peaky nature of an 8G really can use the close ratios. In a straight line there would probably be little difference, but on a blast through the hills a comparison between four and five speeds would be telling. It really is a shame the box can be quite fragile and quite rare.

ipb205:
I forgot to mention they have a "DANGEL KIT" listed.

Craig, Simon do you know what they are referring to at 243 Euro for the kit?
Looks like a negative camber kit for the lower wishbones. Solid bushes, no rubber to interfere with the driving experience. I'd say only for a serious competition vehicle.

<small>[ 14 March 2003, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: Simon ]</small>

BogMaster:
The selector shafts are bent and lock the thing up. Hard to fix apparently and impossible to acquire new and not yet discovered second hand in oz or europe.
[/QB][/QUOTE]

Any idea of what the PO did to cause that damage? Surely they would have had to drop the gearbox on its end to cause that to happen. The shafts appear quite solid.