renault 5 gt turbo

TURBO

Fellow Frogger
1986.unique.impressive condition.extremely good value for money.hurry,will sell quickly.
$11.000

Where are you mad 205gti guys??

Don't you know what an R5gt turbo is?? It's the only hot hatch capable of whipping any 205's ass in every aspect (except maybe rid comfort).

Man if I had the money, it'd already be parked in my shed (I'd show those hot'd up 205 guys a thing or two about speed
biggrin.gif
). I have a road report at home, What do you think the 1st car in years was to beat the twin turbo sierra around there track was???(they test the top speed of cars in the UK around a veledrome I think). You guessed it a bog standard R5 turbo. It's got the handling as much as speed to do it...

seeya,
Shane L.

is it the mid-mounted version?
i've seen one at the track, awesome car but he kept blowing head gaskets.

Andreas

For that price, I'd say NO WAY!! If it was I would have bought it regardless...

There just a bog standard 1.4 litre turbo charged FWD hatch. The actualy look pretty cheesy with fake plastic rear brake ducts etc... You'd scare the crap out of just about everything on the road with one of these little cars though. You'd be laughed at (that is until you dissapeared into the distance).

I've got a road report at home comparing this to a 205 gti and Honda CRX. The R5turbo, went the hardest, handled best, rode worst. They loved it... Bog standard about 0-100 in about 7.2seconds from memory. How long would most of them stay stock standard though when it's so easy to crank boost pressure up??

seeya,
Shane L.

that's what i thought, *just* a normal R5 turbo.
beeing an 86 model it's easy to import (15 y/o), pay about $2000 for it, same again for freight.
they're pretty common in the UK, most have been thrashed though.

but if this one is half decent then so is the price.

Andreas

Guys,

Front wheel drive 1.4 turbo for $11.000
Hope i get that much for mine when time
comes to sell.
205 gti 1.9 turbo leather interior air con
custom turbo intercooler rebuilt engine
If u can get that much for a 1.4 It is looking good
It is not fair compairing blown cars with atmo cars no matter how small the motor.
buy the way there is some nice pulsars around for $3000.
If it were mid mount then it would be worth the money.

My two cents worth

Murat

Murat, just give me enough notice to start saving and i'll come check out the 205
wink.gif

Andreas

205 owners better be quite.For others this is a front engine Renault5 GT Turbo front wheel drive.The mid engine one is Renault5
Turbo early model which will cost around
40-50 thousands in Australia, about the same price in America.I'll go back to my one.It is a late 86 model with 41 000 miles, new 2-pak silver paint, upgrated body. Interior is
perfect with standard bucket seats, original
sports steering wheel and gear knob,interior
colours are red and silver.It has tinted windows and kenwood stereo_Original 13-inch
alloy wheels with good tyres.No modifications
I have to remind you that there is only 3 in Australia.For those that don't know nothing
about Renault5 GT Turbo They should buy MAX-POWER magazine or search some good websites.

hmmm, 11k on a cast iron (block at least), 8 valve, pushrod, force fed, 1.4....

From all reports they truely did hammer, you'd need a whole box of tools to keep the things together by now?

The 5s I've seen were pretty badly screwed together when they were new let alone 15yrs later...
________
Web Shows

Last edited:
Actually, there was a FWD turbo and a RWD turbo version of the early bodyshape R5; the FWD had 110 bhp and the RWD had 165 (stock). The FWD didn't have those big vents out the side.

Stuey

Hi Guys,

yer, the mid mounted engine was rear wheel drive. Personaly I'd take the front wheel drive standard car over it for normal everyday driving, that's what it'd designed for. The other one isn't hugely quicker (from memory) at low speeds, but'd have to be a pig to drive, unless your rallying or something. The FWD turbo is supposed to have unbelievable handling. Remember, these cars are tiny, that's why it's so bloody quick!!

Out of interst, where abouts is this car?? C'mon man we wanna see it!!!

seeya,
Shane L.

the car is in SYDNEY.My tel.number 0400606155
If someone is intrested I can send you a photo.