Renault 25 Baccara dash readout "Error 1"

Renault Tragic

Tadpole
My 1990 R25 Baccara is displaying Error 1 on the dash readout any suggestions how to clear this fault.

when turning the key on prior to starting the engine all dash lights come on. I can still drive the car but the only thing working in the dash is the Temp gauge

Error 1 - You should have sold me last week when dash was working

Will be dry solder joints in dashboard, pull out, first time is hardest as I found. :(
Resolder any joint you can see. Clean all terminal plugs. Error 1 should disappear
Don't redo all mount screws/nuts as it will only take 10 mins next time to remove

Error 1 - You should have sold me last week when dash was working

Will be dry solder joints in dashboard, pull out, first time is hardest as I found. :(
Resolder any joint you can see. Clean all terminal plugs. Error 1 should disappear
Don't redo all mount screws/nuts as it will only take 10 mins next time to remove
I thought of doing that when I pulled the panel apart but there are about 1000 soldered connections not like the earlier 25's so gave that idea away!

I thought of doing that when I pulled the panel apart but there are about 1000 soldered connections not like the earlier 25's so gave that idea away!

In your other thread you mentioned a few things that were not working in the dash, so I would look around that area and work out what is common to those things. It is probably a supply rail and a bad joint on that rail.

Pic of dash when key is turned on everything works including trafficators, lights etc, it is only when I start the motor that I lose the Tacho, Speedo and temp gauge. otherwise car runs OK
. note that I have fitted a temp GPS speedo.
baccara error1.JPG