Renault 21 at Campbellfeild pickapart

Haakon

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
All right - 'fess up. Who beat me to it?? :mad: :D Loooked like a good buy, even if it did have a stuffed motor.

Last edited:
they got $850 for it, which was more than I was willing to spend, especially given that I couldnt test drive it to determine the auto box condition. It did have leather seats, but the drivers was split. Had over 240K km on it too. Will fix up nicely though and I'm glad to see it not wrecked. It had an old reno club badge on the boot - makes me wonder who used to own it and how it ended up at pickapart!

Well, with a dead engine, I would say that the repair bill would have definitely made the owner consider giving up the car rather then spending money on it - therefore the wrecker picks it up...

yeah maybe - but good s/h motors are not that hard to find (shared with ULP R25s ) for cheap (Renospares had one with 70K km on it for ~$700). Plus it can be completly rebuilt with new liners/pistons for around $1000 if you do the work. Maybe the auto was on its way out as well. But if a club member had it I would have thought they would know who could fix it at a sensible price and want to do it.

still dont know why it ended up at pickapart and not at french connection or renospares.... :confused:

OK, how about an ex-club members car, sold to someone else - this person bought it cheap, it blows up, his/her mechanic says "It's a bloody Renault mate, can't fix it" and it ends up there...

Europa said:
OK, how about an ex-club members car, sold to someone else - this person bought it cheap, it blows up, his/her mechanic says "It's a bloody Renault mate, can't fix it" and it ends up there...

reckon you might be onto something :D Well, lets just be glad it got bought with a view to being ressurected - I hope whoever bought it will appreciate for being the fine car it is.

Probably got it as a spare for their existing R21. ie they could use the 'box and the leather, not to mention all the other goodies. Good for spares.

There certainly are not may R21's with leather in Aus.

Do you know leather on the R21's was an option of about $2500, where the R25's cost over $4000!!!

I guess the extra bit on the doors made up $2,000!!! NOT.

The R21 and R25 are fabulous cars and I like them lots. Pity they were just made during a bad period in Renaults history. I think they are still great cars. :2cents:. Id buy one if I needed a second car and it would be an AUTOMATIC..:D

Renault never had a bad period. Maybe the styling of the R19, but the rest were good. The R25 still looks pretty good today - not bad for a 20 year old car.

The Alpine GTA was also from the '80's as too was the Espace revolutionary people mover.

My second car will be a A610 v6 Turbo.