Renault 19 problems --Update

DoubleChevron

I'd just drive it till it's has a major problem. She could probably get another 5-10 problem free years out of it. At that time she could afford to have it carted to the tip as she's well 'n' truly got her $$$$ worth out of it.

seeya,
Shane L.[/QB]
This is the theory were working on with the R21. Not worth anything to sell (even if we could find a buyer), and certainly couldnt get anything as nice for what I could get for it. Drive it til it drops and squeeze every last bit of value out of it! :D

DoubleChevron:
Hi Daniel,

yeah, it's been running well (well as well as a R19 runs :p ). Infact it hasn't missed a beat since I went right over it. But there really no doubt in my mind the new dizzie cap & rotor fixed the problem, not the cleaning of every electrical connection/earth that I could find.

She wants to sell the car now, even though it's fixed, she wants to replace it with a 306 or something. I reckon she's bloody crazy. I'd just drive it till it's has a major problem. She could probably get another 5-10 problem free years out of it. At that time she could afford to have it carted to the tip as she's well 'n' truly got her $$$$ worth out of it.

seeya,
Shane L.
Far be it from me to offer advise that impinges on family life.....

For the R19, I'd just delay until home life suggests this approach is not good! Then get a good 306 and stop messing about.

The great thing about the 306, apart from its great engineering and low depreciation, is that there are lots of them about so you can find a good one. The R19 is pretty ordinary in comparison.

A good 306 is so good that home life will improve too!!! Based on personal experience.......

JohnW