Renault 19 dashboard rattles

Europa

1000+ Posts
danielsydney

Subject: Renault 19 dashboard rattles
Does anyone know how to remove rattles from the Renault 19 dashboard. With large wheels it has exposed more rattles than i would liked? Does anyone know where to start to remove/replace tighten dash?
Have you got your Haynes manual yet?

Europa:
danielsydney

Subject: Renault 19 dashboard rattles
Does anyone know how to remove rattles from the Renault 19 dashboard. With large wheels it has exposed more rattles than i would liked? Does anyone know where to start to remove/replace tighten dash?
Have you got your Haynes manual yet?
Look in the manual Daniel.....and then consider maybe adding a small dab of silicon to abutting surfaces should you pull the dash apart and put it back together. No need to smother the bits, just a dab here and there can create a flexible joint and cut down the flexing and rattles. mallet

Thanks guys for getting back to me i never thought of silicon in between the rubbing plastics or something.

Daniel,

A favourite trick on Jap cars under warranty was to spray silicone spray at the front of the dash padding (between the dash & windscreen) so that when the body flexed it didn't emit a cracking sound which sounded like a metalic rattle. Could be worth a try also.

Alan S