Renault 12 Turbo

Alan S

1000+ Posts
Just spotted this on the Trading Post. Have seen a couple making noises like they would like one of these so here's your chance !!

Renault 12 wagon, turbo, no rust, very straight, parts or complete car Nambour (07) 5476 4966

Alan S

Allan

I saw that add.

And thought that it was a mistake, or he either put turbo in his add to make it sell quicker ? not sure.

Might just give him a buz and find out some stuff about it.

Justin at Alpine Motors in Canberra is trying to sell his Virage sedan with 17 Turbo engine and programmable EFI. Has SAAB 9000 Turbo on it running low boost.
I was interested but turned and bought a 93 205GTI, their phone number is 02 6282 2350.

Originally posted by Alan S:
Just spotted this on the Trading Post. Have seen a couple making noises like they would like one of these so here's your chance !!

If you Reno heads wanta good fast one, call Justin at Alpine motors in Canberra. He has a 1.4Virage sedan with 17 motor 5 speed and a 9000saab turbo on it for sale.
ph6282 2350.
biggrin.gif

Ian
205Gti

>I hope it's a dud, I really don't want to >have to come up and drive another one home.

>David.

Do you know how much he wants for it ??

Sounds like a pretty good conversion.

Regards Ashley

Call him and have a chat, he's very approachable, and it would beunfair to name a price without speccing the cars bits first.

IANB
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Reno17:
Do you know how much he wants for it ??

hey david stay down there-im going to check that car out!
and thanks for the auto transmisson all arrived etc - its in - but needs a good tune up etc But i got wheels now!!!

Jelly

Hi Jelly, yeah go and check it out, I am curious, that one in Canberra sounds good too, but I'm sure I don't need another car right now, I have a friend who is an R12 aholic so I'm pass them on to him.
I'm glad the tranny got there ok, I was wondering how you got on.
Seeya,
David.

Just gave the guy with the turbo R12 a buz, and it requires a bit of work.
No turbo comes with the car. Engine is dissembled (1289cc). Has a nitride crank, lumpy cam, and a 40mm carb.
The guy reckons it did a 14 sec quarter.
0-100 in 7 sec.
He did the turbo conversion him self.
Wants $900 for it all up.

The motor would have been awesome to sick in the back of a R8 / R10.

Anyway catch you all later
Ashley