Renault 10 's'?

danielsydney

Good Sport
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Can anyone tell me more about the Renault 10 's'? I saw one in crown st in the city tonight. I didnt know the 10 came in a 's'??Is it for sport? :confused:

Yea a R10S is a sporty version of the standard R10. Has a different Gearbox, more gauges, few other different engine mods, and a nice british racing green stripe down the side.

They are rarer then the R10

The 10S was introduced on May 1 1970. A "sporty" model probably to capitalise on the 16's and 8G's being used successfully in competition at that stage. It was an Australia only variation and used the 8S motor and trans which had the twin choke downdraft Weber carby. The dashboard was an Australian concoction comprising of usually inaccurate VDO gauges, and still no temperature gaug. The steering wheel also had fake weight saving holes where there was a fake teak veneer on the normal 10.

Apart from the matt black strip down the side of the car (a delete option) they also had 4.5" wheel rims.
Simon

Crown St must be a popular spot for Renault 10's, this post is from 9/6/2002!

danielsydney:
blush Have been out and about tonight and seen a Renault 10 in mint condition in Crown st Darlinghurst. It was imaculate. Did this car ever come to Australia in an auto version? A person once told me they did but they had some "powder system" and every gearchange was like trying not to break an egg...What auto models came to Australia? Are they reliable? Are they available?? blush
As for different gearbox, marginally changed ratio's and new clutch with roller thrust and no thrust pad on the pressure plate.

Simon

Simon:
Crown St must be a popular spot for Renault 10's, this post is from 9/6/2002!

danielsydney:
blush Have been out and about tonight and seen a Renault 10 in mint condition in Crown st Darlinghurst. It was imaculate. Did this car ever come to Australia in an auto version? A person once told me they did but they had some "powder system" and every gearchange was like trying not to break an egg...What auto models came to Australia? Are they reliable? Are they available?? blush
As for different gearbox, marginally changed ratio's and new clutch with roller thrust and no thrust pad on the pressure plate.

Simon
Thanks Simon...I have a dead 10's carcass with the running gear in tact, I didn't think the gearbox looked all that different....I knew about the clutch thrust etc.

As for the Crown St connection the post did look familiar.....I guess it must be just another one of those coincidences that mark interesting lives

cheers!

<small>[ 02 August 2002, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: BogMaster ]</small>