Removing s2 mi16 injectors

Jared

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Tadpole
Hi all, looking for some help removing the fuel injectors (in order to get them sent for a service). I’m not really (at all) mechanically minded but willing to give this a go. Is anyone able to step me through which bits need to be removed in what order? Do the fuel lines need to be removed off the fuel rail or can the fuel rail be pulled back off the injectors without doing that?

thanks in advance, any help appreciated!

Remove the large and small hoses off the rail. The large maybe be under pressure, so be prepared for a spill. Remove vacuum hose off regulator. Remove the two retaining bolts which attach rail to manifold. At this point the rail/injector assembly is free to be withdrawn. However, the injectors may be stuck by carbon around the o-rings. Apply WD40, Innox, etc and wriggle, until it comes free. Then unclip the injectors from the fuel rail. Typical cost is $110-120 for the set.

Plug the hoses to keep in fuel and nasties out.
Thanks very much Peter!

Make sure you disconnect your battery first.
The only thing Pete is missing is to unclip the injectors. This may seen self explanatory but easily missed first time around.

Take your time, there are a few things close by that you can easily break if your a bit rough. Especially the 2 vacuum pods either side of the inlet manifold. Be very very careful not to disturb the vacuum hoses that attach to those pods when removing the ral and injector plugs. Dont rest tools on anything near them! Be gentle the the vacuum hose from the reg also. Dont just pull it, lever it slowly off.

Nope, I definitely said that. It's easier to pull all four out together, whilst they're still attached to the rail.

Im selectively blind.... Gosh, my bad