Register Submissions / Suggestions

vivid

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Hello Renault lovers!

Some of you may have been wondering about this 'newly created' sub-forum.
It's been created to fulfill the request of a member which we are going to trial.

The sole purpose of the forum is to collect facts & technical detail.
It's not a rant on personal opinion on how mad french drivers are, etc. (although we can rant in this sticky)

* Members can't create new threads only post replies. Only moderators can create new topics.

* Post your suggestions for new threads here, and they considered and discussed.

David.

Last edited:
Couldnt agreed more, have you concidered a thread for each model, ie a thread where owners can go and ask question about there model and owners can post solutions to problems they have repaired.

I agree, my current Renaults are relatively modern, so I'd like a channel for my missus's Megane 1600 soft top and whilst I'm at it, I owned an RX4 for 9 years and now have a Koleos Diesel. So where are the channels?

Well, I'd like to have content rather than add a bunch of empty threads, and add more as the demand arises.

Post in here, and I'll make new threads of them. Sounds like we're asking for a Megane, Koleos and Scenic Register?
Consider it a work in progress, whilst even a "Megane Register" may be a bit broad, we can break it further down to specific models and years of Megane (for example).

David.

R4 Register

I'm the one who wanted to create a register of Aussie Renault 4's so that it's easier for us R4 owners to know about each other. I reckon good things would follow in the natural course of things from simply facilitating that.

I was thinking along these lines...
1. In the 'R4 Register'l thread, an owner can have a post for each of their R4 giving a roughly common set of info like Name of car, year, colour, condition description, a picture or two, history/provenance, location and so forth. We R4 owners can provide some input up front as to the range of info considered appropriate - that list is simply indicative of my thoughts. Contact details and similar can be as per usual AF facility; I don't see any need for anything special 'in the register' in that regard.

2. Info on your R4 can be kept up-to-date as desired by editing the post for the car, rather than adding another post in the usual way for a thread. This way we can keep the number of posts limited to the number of cars 'registered'.

3. While the details put up would be no more than what any owner cares to share, some info is probably not what we would want to share with the world at large. It would be be good if the thread was only visible / accessible to logged on members - a bit like the 'Off topic and humour' forums, though I don't think it needs the same qualifying period condition.

4. I don't think it's necessary to restrict it to only members who register R4s though others might think differently - I think it goes against the spirit of AF to effectively create a formal subgroup within the membership - natural interest-based cliques like we already have are the go for me.

Once the thread is opened, perhaps the above can be an initial post to set out this particular register's raison d'etre. Feedback from 'registrants' could / would vary from time time.

Cheers, Geoff:banana::banana::cheers:

Hi Geoff,

I have created the R4 Registry with your post. Feel free to edit it as you see fit.

Cheers,

David.

Interest in an Aussiefrogs Caravelle register?

I realise there is one already out there, but I think it may be worth starting a register in our 'Model Specific' forum.. what do others think?

David.

icon1.gif
I realise there is one already out there, but I think it may be worth starting a register in our 'Model Specific' forum.. what do others think?

David.

NO.:mad:.

I am interested in your reason John?

Vivid asked for
icon1.gif

The three of us who use this thread the most, drive a Floride.:D

The above is the main reason but at 2am I could of put it a little different. I also have other thoughts about this whole register thing, but I would put in a PM to you or Dav if I thought I needed to.:rolleyes:

I didn't know there is a register already out there for Caravelles, unless it's the 4CV one, which I think I've forwarded my details to you.:confused:

Vivid asked for
icon1.gif
The three of us who use this thread the most, drive a Floride.:D.

Sorry, I had meant to imply a Floride one also.. I'm also probably bias as I own a Caravelle.

But more to the point, they are different models therefore deserve their own register (IMO).

David.

I am for it. I guess if anyone doesn't want to take part then that is fine. Sorry to be difficult but if there is two seperate registers which do I put my car in. Floride S obviously called Floride but based on an early R8 where as a Caravelle (as we in Australia know them) are based on the later R8 1100. But just to complicate it further the 4 seat hard top version of the Floride S was called a Caravelle.:D:D:D:D

Sorry Vivid not really trying to be difficult but I suspect they should all be lumped in together, as almost all the Florides now have been Caravellised anyway. :wink2:

I was not aware of another Caravelle Register.

i am for it. I guess if anyone doesn't want to take part then that is fine. Sorry to be difficult but if there is two seperate registers which do i put my car in. Floride s obviously called floride but based on an early r8 where as a caravelle (as we in australia know them) are based on the later r8 1100. But just to complicate it further the 4 seat hard top version of the floride s was called a caravelle.:d:d:d:d

sorry vivid not really trying to be difficult but i suspect they should all be lumped in together, as almost all the florides now have been caravellised anyway. :wink2:

I was not aware of another caravelle register.

x2...

I am for it. I guess if anyone doesn't want to take part then that is fine. Sorry to be difficult but if there is two seperate registers which do I put my car in. Floride S obviously called Floride but based on an early R8 where as a Caravelle (as we in Australia know them) are based on the later R8 1100. But just to complicate it further the 4 seat hard top version of the Floride S was called a Caravelle.:D:D:D:D

Sorry Vivid not really trying to be difficult but I suspect they should all be lumped in together, as almost all the Florides now have been Caravellised anyway. :wink2:

I was not aware of another Caravelle Register.

X3

David it would seem that if you were to do this register you could do as you wish and have two, but I suppose you could say we wish they were together. If you do want some input from us I would rather it in a PM than on this thread and if you could please delete all these posts regarding this matter.
On second thoughts why don't you start a thread about registers then we all can have a say.
Thanks
John

PS. If any RCCA members read this could you please put a list of the model registers that were published in your last news letter as I was reading it tonight at the RCCV meeting and would like to have a look at those.

David it would seem that if you were to do this register you could do as you wish and have two, but I suppose you could say we wish they were together. If you do want some input from us I would rather it in a PM than on this thread and if you could please delete all these posts regarding this matter.
On second thoughts why don't you start a thread about registers then we all can have a say.
Thanks
John

PS. If any RCCA members read this could you please put a list of the model registers that were published in your last news letter as I was reading it tonight at the RCCV meeting and would like to have a look at those.

Hi John, I think we could benefit both registers by sharing new entries and info. Not to mention having all of the models together may prove handy also. I'd like to consider a similar arrangements with other models including 4CVs.

The thing I can see setting them apart is I'm reluctant to encourage people to put their emails in a post, however other registers could retain the more personal information.

Sunroof.. I tend to agree the more I think about it. Not only that but the difference between the models is just as important. As with the 16s that vary from 16TL-TX, autos & specials, or R8 from Gordini to 1100.

If we find the need to later we can easily copy or move posts around into different threads
I'll start all the threads broad model classifications to begin.

David.

Well Dav, if you do it your way it really should be 3.

1. 1092 Floride

2. 1131 Floride/Caravelle

3. 1133 Caravelle

With numbers being so low I still think 1 is better, just look at the R4 four people and seven cars is it over all the R4 models.

Nah, I agree with you, we'll start with a Floride/Caravelle register topic.

If the need be, we can separate them later, even their chronological order will remain unchanged.

In some cases it may become a re-hash, but the advantage could be that new information could easily be submitted and shared with the already established registers.

David.

richo22

hi david
as a new user maybe i am a bit nieve but do u really care what other people think and being new to this brand and forum find it a bit over the top that i can only reply to sombodys thread.
cheers
tony

Koleos subforum

Righto let's start a Koleos register/subforum.
Can transfer Koleos problem register posts here.
Hints, tips etc.

Vivid - lets get going............