Recent Server problems

gibgib

Local Tyrant
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Thanks for the emails & phone calls regarding the "Fatal Error".

The error indicates the server is out of space but we are sitting at 143megs & our allocation quota is 200megs so I'm not quite sure of the actual problem.
I've contacted the host to verify our correct allotment as they not so long ago upgraded all the plans to higher disk space & maybe they forgot to give up the extra megs :confused:

To fix the problem this evening I cleared the cache.
Unfortunately I could not get to a PC before 7:30PM to do this, so I've instated GreenBlood to help with admin to hopefully keep the board running 24 - 7 as it should :)
Thanks GB approve

Here's to our daily dose of aussiefrogs & Froggy Forum :D

Gibgib,

24 - 7 hmmm... you take the night shift :D

wahooo... so many buttons so few fingers,
Turn the board on.. Turn the board off.. board on.. board off (it wasn't me clown )

Cheers
chris

hee,hee,

took a quick look myself, the good old 'df -k' command wouldn't work. Told me I didn't have access to run those sort of command... :p :p What do ya know, even computers know not to trust me!... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

seeya,
Shane L.

Is anyone else having problems with:
Sorry, UBB has encountered an unexpected, fatal error. This error is
extremely abnormal. Please contact the board administration. The error text
is:
Can't open
'/home/aussiefrogs/www/forum/cache-3PE39857/ubb_files/summary/summary.html'.

Disk space quota has been exceeded - I was unable to write a new file.

Please ask the administrator to obtain more disk space.

The exact error returned by the operating system is:
Disk quota exceeded

» Please use your browser's back button to return.
Let me know cause there is plenty of space & we may have a bug in the software. I can try turing the PHP off but the great speed will be lost frown

Hey gibgib,

This happened just when that guy I e-mailed you about came over for a look. :( He's staying with Yahoo!

Amazing...

Stu

I was having trouble with weird things happening as I had posted but then a couple of days ago my computer suffered a "fatal error" which I believe is cybertalk for it $#!+ itself eek! eek!
Tell you what though; turning that whateveritscalled off sure slows her down :rolleyes:

Alan S

Found the problem.
Somehow every file on the server was duplicated - perhaps a virus.
There was enough space but too many files!
Will turn PHP back on soon....

PHP back on wink

I think that should have fixed our problem.
Please post here any more instances of this fault re-occuring.

markm,

Yes will take you up on the offer :D
I remember we had an issue with cgi-bin before though didn't we :confused:
When can we start copying files across?

Ok sounds good. I might call you about it anyway.

Shane,
Check your site as I did a mass deletion of _vti_cnf folders. There should not be any adverse effects. (I hope shy )

Gibgib,

what are those _vti_cnf folders. I was looking at them recently thinking "what the hell are they", I didn't put 'em there...

seeya,
Shane L.

Don't know what they are :confused:
It created itself in every directory & sub directory so it took a long time to get rid of it.
The folder created contained an exact duplication of the previous directory wasting space & file allowance.
Give you some idea, this is an eg. of aussiefrogs quota prior to deleting:
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">code:<hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">west31:~$ quota -g
Disk quotas for group aussiefrogsgrp (gid 562):
Filesystem blocks quota limit grace files quota limit grace
/dev/sda6 142084 200000 210000 13385 15000 15100 </pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">& after: (note the number of files)
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">code:<hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">west31:~$ quota -g
Disk quotas for group aussiefrogsgrp (gid 562):
Filesystem blocks quota limit grace files quota limit grace
/dev/sda6 133820 200000 210000 8906 15000 15100</pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">During Tuesday we had exceeded the "Limit" for the files so new ones weren't allowed to be created, & as the board creates files even for readers it chews up a bit.

Just hope it's gone.

Just wondering; one of the message boards I'm on overseas was shut down for a couple of weeks recently due to someone fitting it up with a bug. Wonder if there's some tosser spending his idle hours popping all over the place & dishing this out?

Alan S

I had thought about a tosser doing this too.

I'll see how we go. I have a feeling this problem will return frown

Alan,

The forum with a security bug is the free one called Snitz Forums 2000 <a href="http://forum.snitz.com" target="_blank">http://forum.snitz.com</a>

UBB is good security wise I would have thought. There is another update out for UBB gibgib, and they've changed the name to UBB.Classic

See ya,
Derek

Yeah we are .1 off the latest one.
The member AUS-CITY spends hours modifying the code so it allows the extra hacks we have here.
The more recent versions have finally added avatars & last post by.
Not sure about the "Poll" option on this one.
Haven't seen anyone using it so it may be a bit confusing.
Could be handy for voting on dates to hold member days or little questionaires.

Not sure about the "Poll" option on this one.
Haven't seen anyone using it so it may be a bit confusing.
Could be handy for voting on dates to hold member days or little questionaires.
We could hold a poll to see if the "Poll Option " stays clown

Cheers
Chris