Rear Shocks R25

Does the Renault 25 in general suffer from dashboard creaks and rattles??
What about other Renaults also?

Hi

My V6R25 had Konis all around, and was lowered. The person I bought it off had them done.
It was put on the stiffest setting which was a bit too stiff for the type of car it was. If I still had it I would probably have the settings changed to medium.

Oh, My 1988 R25 doesn't rattle or creak either. Remember Daniel we are talking about a quality car here - the mighty R25. If you think the R25 is good, the Safrane is 10 times better in terms of build quality and quietness. The Saffy's were built from 1992 onwards. Same as your R19.

Regards

Luke

Thanks Luke. I know the Renault Safrane looks like a great car and the model with the turbo looks even better.
Wish they were in Australia... frown

I know Europa it is such a shame. It would have been a great car out here in OZ. Even if Renault at the time sold it only...

Never fails to surprise me how it is that in NZ we seem to get all models of everything and yet Oz seems to miss out! All varieties of Renault & Citroen etc., Just looked at a Citroen C3 for the Mrs (NZ$24,500 new ), and crossed the road to the Renault dealer who has rows of new Meganes, Clios, etc etc and spotted several Safranes, all about $14,000.00 fully optioned models. Was told to come back in 3 weeks for a look at the Vel Satis, but wouldn't tell me the price! Aventime not coming to NZ at this juncture, possibly in 2003. Surely the long distances in Oz is the real place for these? And thanks to those who replied about the shocks. Had a reply from Koni in Holland. They're not supplying rears for R25 anymore, but suggested I try local Koni folk. Will do.
Cheers = PaulClifford

May have to do the same thing myself Luke. The possibility of importing these may be an option.
Dont know how much it would be to bring something over in AUD$...

Yes, well Daniel & Luke, if you want to import I guess it depends on prices... Just checked with my friendly Renault man who says new off the floor for 1600cc Megane hatch = $32,990 NZ (about $28,700 AU) and $37,990 NZ ($33,000 AU) for the 2L Scenic. + shipping! In essence NZ is very Renault friendly. For my R25 I just swanned into the local glass company and had a new windscreen fitted as it was stone pitted etc, and it was done on the spot while I drank one of their complimentary latte's. Also decided on a new set of spare keys and was surprised myself to just pick up a (blank) cylindrical key for the doors/boot out of a box of new blanks just on the shelf...
Cheers = Paul

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately our import duty would kill us. I can't get a Saffy here as it would need to be 15 years older or more or be able to be complianced. What a bugger eh?

At least I could bring over a V6 R25 from 1987, with leather etc. I know they are now fairly cheap over your way.

Cheers

Luke

re the R25 shockers - my R25 has bigger tyres on it
- such that when I have fat people sitting in the back and / or going over a hump they rub - I want to get stiffer shockers for the rear -
as i really like these wheels and tyres - the car otherwise drives like a gem with these bigger tyres compared to the original R25 alloys with that kind of honeycomb appearance
any advice from anyone re rear shocks for the R25
what are the specs / reference code for the above mentioned Koni's