Really good hand cleaner recommendation - 'Reinol'.

There are nitrile gloves available that are more durable than medical grade. The brand is 'Black Knight' and are a textured black nitrile. Try proper hardware stores, professional paint stores or industrial suppliers.
I'll get more details from work tomorrow....the lads who use poly urethane glue swear by them.
:cheers: Brendan

Hey, good stuff fellas - I hadn't revisited this thread for a while. It IS good isn't it? I was concerned I may have been too effusive.

It is just AMAZINGLY good. Most grateful for the tip...

I think you understated it. :)

There are nitrile gloves available that are more durable than medical grade. The brand is 'Black Knight' and are a textured black nitrile. Try proper hardware stores, professional paint stores or industrial suppliers.
I'll get more details from work tomorrow....the lads who use poly urethane glue swear by them.
:cheers: Brendan

They are actually "Black Shield" but the same company do....Bueller, Bueller, "Black Knight" gloves as well.
Techware distribute them and the bar code number is; 9342971004467 and where I work sell them for $25.60 per box of a 100.
:cheers: Brendan.

Solvol is great to remove fibreglass resin from hands. Cheaper and not as harmful as acetone.
I imagine Reinol would too but don't know. It certainly takes everything else off that I've had on my hands.

I imagine Reinol would too but don't know. It certainly takes everything else off that I've had on my hands.
I don't think so John. Apart from the far cheaper price and availability of Solvol, I have not found any claims from the manufacturer or endorsements that Reinol is good for removing Epoxy or Polyester Resins.
I know from my personal experience that Solvol works and that most hand cleaners that work well on oil and grease, will actually accelerate the Resin curing on my hands. I don't want to spend money on Reinol to find it doesn't work.

I don't think so John. Apart from the far cheaper price and availability of Solvol, I have not found any claims from the manufacturer or endorsements that Reinol is good for removing Epoxy or Polyester Resins.
I know from my personal experience that Solvol works and that most hand cleaners that work well on oil and grease, will actually accelerate the Resin curing on my hands. I don't want to spend money on Reinol to find it doesn't work.
Yes, totally agree. If you have a solution why spend money to speculate about another? Would you like me to post you a sample for interest's sake? Happy to if you PM me an address. :) Easier than buying some fibreglass to test myself. I'm curious now..... Reinol has taken some unexpectedly clingy things off in the paint and bitumen area, and metallic epoxy come to think of it. Next I mix a bit up I'll check again.

My great and useful indulgence in 2018 was to lash out and buy a Reinol wall dispenser. Ridiculous money when Solvol will do, but sooo convenient. The last car we bought cost well under $10K, so I'm still ahead. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up re Reinol, will certainly check it out, as a matter of interest I have found in the past the best hand cleaner for getting grease etc. off after working on cars is a good quality dishwashing liquid such as Morning Fresh ,works great and is gentle on the hands.
Regards
Neil

Reactions: COL
Yes, totally agree. If you have a solution why spend money to speculate about another? Would you like me to post you a sample for interest's sake? Happy to if you PM me an address. :) Easier than buying some fibreglass to test myself. I'm curious now..... Reinol has taken some unexpectedly clingy things off in the paint and bitumen area, and metallic epoxy come to think of it. Next I mix a bit up I'll check again.

My great and useful indulgence in 2018 was to lash out and buy a Reinol wall dispenser. Ridiculous money when Solvol will do, but sooo convenient. The last car we bought cost well under $10K, so I'm still ahead. :)
Thanks John, I recall I may have a piece of scrap titanium off an America's' cup boat I promised to send you. I have a small piece a couple of cm long about 1.5 mm thick I could send if its not too small for you. I have used most of the large bits on real race cars but I kept a few bits for slot car stuff just for the bragging rights!

Thanks John, I recall I may have a piece of scrap titanium off an America's' cup boat I promised to send you. I have a small piece a couple of cm long about 1.5 mm thick I could send if its not too small for you. I have used most of the large bits on real race cars but I kept a few bits for slot car stuff just for the bragging rights!
I'd forgotten who had promised!! I'll send my address. Many thanks.

I grabbed a bottle of this last time I was at total tools..... Not as good as you guys suggest with the cleaner above.

https://www.automegastore.com.au/fast-orange-hand-cleaner-pumice-grit-3-78l?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIk8WVy6GE8QIVkZ1LBR3GCwdYEAQYASABEgIDTfD_BwE

But it does work. A couple of squirts... rub your hands and wipe them on a cloth, and they are generally clean enough to go inside and rinse off in the sink.
Looks like a more liquid version of Reinol by the description. I imagine it is good, as you say. Thanks for the info.

Slightly off-topic; I have found a good way to remove unset epoxy from hands and surfaces is with methylated spirit. Wipe resin off with a tissue or cloth wet with meths. If stickiness remains use fresh area of wetted cloth. Then an easy wash with soap will have hands quite clean.

Yep, the above is an old trick I learned when making epoxy coated fishing rods which as you'd imagine is a hell of a messy job. I was amazed metho works so well, because it's so unexpected as nothing else at all seems to work. I can confirm it comes straight off.

Adding to the Reinol subject, I just got given a tub of their pre-work barrier cream. You rub it in and it turns slightly sticky and then disappears, so your hands aren't slippery at all. Then the Reinol has a much easier job to do!

https://reinol.com.au/collections/skin-care-creams/products/block-out-barrier-cream-invisible-gloves

Yep, the above is an old trick I learned when making epoxy coated fishing rods which as you'd imagine is a hell of a messy job. I was amazed metho works so well, because it's so unexpected as nothing else at all seems to work. I can confirm it comes straight off.

Adding to the Reinol subject, I just got given a tub of their pre-work barrier cream. You rub it in and it turns slightly sticky and then disappears, so your hands aren't slippery at all. Then the Reinol has a much easier job to do!

https://reinol.com.au/collections/skin-care-creams/products/block-out-barrier-cream-invisible-gloves
I bought a small vat of the barrier cream. Extraordinary stuff and it works well. You were given a cheapie though - less than half price and free delivery last week! Sort of a cross between beeswax and sorbet. :)