Really!! Fiat/PSA merger concept cars

i had a holiday in BC Canada and was surprised to see fiat ducato and merc sprinter vans with ram badges on them .i am told the 6 cylinder diesel engine in a Chrysler 300 is the same as that in the sprinter ,but produces more horsepower ,Chrysler had a 4 cylinder engine in there cruiser so i wonder were that came from ,my son had a few Suzuki grand vitaras that had Renault diesels in them ,it could be just a case of badge engineering with the mew merger ,a customer of mine had an rv built on a fiat ducato cab chassis , but had Peugeot on the grill , HE WAS ASKING ME IF I KNEW A PEUGEOT MECHANIC .I SAID I DID BUT THIS IF A FIAT i was at my local radiator place and spied a brass era rad with Talbot London badge on it ,when i mentioned to the guy i thaught Talbot was associated with Peugeot he replied that it was a good English brand[ Largo Talbot] and not French crap ,checked up on wicky only to find that Talbot was a London car dealer way back, who used to re badge French grigore cars ,as Talbot ,so theres nothing new under the sun

wouldn't that be getting dangerously close to like, monopoly status? fiat, chrysler, dodge, peugeot, citroen, etc, and they're all the same company

These mergers to create super companies are seen in other fields as well. The logic is always that there are efficiencies to be found but the benefits are never obvious to the consumer who is presented with ever more expensive and ever crappier products. Nor the workforces in these conglomerates whose wages and living conditions are constantly undermined by the appetite these massive groups have for manufacture in third world shitholes. Further mergers will come until the once rich and diverse European car industry is represented by only one maker that markets "competing" brands to the gullible punters.

Not sure if the expected next generation Alpine will have many takers in EU....but maybe aiming for the US market?

These mergers to create super companies are seen in other fields as well. The logic is always that there are efficiencies to be found but the benefits are never obvious to the consumer who is presented with ever more expensive and ever crappier products. Nor the workforces in these conglomerates whose wages and living conditions are constantly undermined by the appetite these massive groups have for manufacture in third world shitholes. Further mergers will come until the once rich and diverse European car industry is represented by only one maker that markets "competing" brands to the gullible punters.
a company's goal is never to make a quality product, it is legally only to deliver profit to shareholders.

You don't know much about Peugeot and what made it a great company over two hundred years. Profit only is the philosophy of scoundrels like Musk and the tech billionaires. It impoverishes everyone. Read up on the history of the Peugeot company and you will find several things. A company that once committed to quality at all times. A company that put the interests of a free France higher than their own wealth to the extreme of Jean-Pierre Peugeot helping to blow up the factory. A company that repaid the loyalty of its workers by giving them jobs for life and investing in feeding, housing and transporting them. Read up on the 1955 agreement with the workers that gave profit sharing, higher wages and longer holidays. A company that received enormous loyalty from its employees in return that allowed them to make unique products the world loved and respected. Profit only is successful in producing minimal standard crap and degrading the workforce to the level of the cheapest labour market in the world.

Last edited:
You don't know much about Peugeot and what made it a great company over two hundred years. Profit only is the philosophy of scoundrels like Musk and the tech billionaires. It impoverishes everyone. Read up on the history of the Peugeot company and you will find several things. A company that once committed to quality at all times. A company that put the interests of a free France higher than their own wealth to the extreme of John-Pierre Peugeot helping to blow up the factory. A company that repaid the loyalty of its workers by giving them jobs for life and investing in feeding, housing and transporting them. Read up on the 1955 agreement with the workers that gave profit sharing, higher wages and longer holidays. A company that received enormous loyalty from its employees in return that allowed them to make unique products the world loved and respected. Profit only is successful in producing minimal standard crap and degrading the workforce to the level of the cheapest labour market in the world.
for sure, before neoliberalism circa the 80's, reagan, thatcher etc. companies did have some morals, but the vast majority of that has evaporated over the last few decades. France's hugely strong union movement does make french companies less susceptible to this, but majority of companies, current world, the point of a company is to deliver profit to shareholders, not to make quality product. some companies have decided that making quality product will deliver more profit to shareholders, but corporate "craftsmanship" shall we say just isn't a thing anymore.

A bleak view of economic activity that fortunately is not universal and there are still ethical companies. Certainly a company must make a profit to survive but only the worst companies and people are driven by the desire to maximise profit as a sole aim. The outcome from that attitude is always bleak and impoverishes society.

A bleak view of economic activity that fortunately is not universal and there are still ethical companies. Certainly a company must make a profit to survive but only the worst companies and people are driven by the desire to maximise profit as a sole aim. The outcome from that attitude is always bleak and impoverishes society.
what companies are ethical? the only one i can think of would be say the mondragon corporation, but that has a completely abnormal ownership situation.

Indeed the ethic of being answerable to shareholders is achieving fantastic divestments, etc., as we speak.

Think about this next federal election - The ousting of Tony Abbott by getting the message through to the party 'in' clique that they won't keep the seat by endorsing him as a candidate is just the start of effective political reform. See also Alexandria Orcasio Cortez's campaign in the Bronx -

The parties are accessible through their ordinary members who live in the same communities as every other Australian, meaning they are part of the right church congregation...

Think about this next federal election - The ousting of Tony Abbott by getting the message through to the party 'in' clique that they won't keep the seat by endorsing him as a candidate is just the start of effective political reform. See also Alexandria Orcasio Cortez's campaign in the Bronx -

The parties are accessible through their ordinary members who live in the same communities as every other Australian, meaning they are part of the right church congregation...
Quite right, effective local members who do so much for the country can be easily replaced by brainless bimbos given the right level of organization.